carpet vs hardwood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carpet vs hardwood

Hi all, I love our hardwood floors in our rental but am wondering if laying carpet would increase its appeal and rent it can command.
    My main thought is comfort, kids and a 4th bedroom downstairs that would be quieter and therefore more usable with carpet laid above. Currently the whole upper level except the master bedroom is hardwood, so would be carpeting two bedrooms, lounge and dining.

Does anyone know if there is a preference in the market or is it just personal preference? House is in mairangi bay. Large family home.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Nick

Ps. If anyone who reads this has any recommendations for PM let me know also.

I'd carpet as it will protect the wooden floors - to sell you'd possibly rip up the carpet and polish the floors in some rooms.

cheers,

Donna
    SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Thanks Donna. Yes, I'm at a point where the floor does need some love in the main living areas so it's a case of either carpet and save the refinishing for later, or polish them now. I think I am inclined to carpet and you've just provided another reason.

Any other ideas on the matter out there?

Comment

Good to speak with the PM before since they let it for you and will know what tenants ask for and also the pros and cons from a maintenance perspective. In the end you want something that is easy for the tenants to look after for you. Wear and tear will always happen no matter what.

I know a good PM, send me a private message with your email I will introduce you to Barry.
        Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Originally posted by recemember View Post
          Hi all, I love our hardwood floors in our rental but am wondering if laying carpet would increase its appeal and rent it can command.
          My main thought is comfort, kids and a 4th bedroom downstairs that would be quieter and therefore more usable with carpet laid above. Currently the whole upper level except the master bedroom is hardwood, so would be carpeting two bedrooms, lounge and dining.

Does anyone know if there is a preference in the market or is it just personal preference? House is in mairangi bay. Large family home.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
          Nick

Ps. If anyone who reads this has any recommendations for PM let me know also.
          Contact Victoria Haldane at Premium Executive Rentals 021 664760. Boutique type management with small rent roll, good if you don't want to be just a number or 1 of 200 owners being looked after by one person. Her office is in Takapuna and she covers Whangaparaoa down to Hauraki Corner, with another PM in Devonport.

Comment

Working...
          X