Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical Re-Wiring costs??

Hi there

Does anybody know the average cost of re-wiring a 3 bedroom house circa 1920?

Thanks.

Hi JanStu

Welcome to the forum.

To start things off, you could be looking at $3000+ at least.

Regards
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Thanks Muppet.
      We viewed a Cottage this weekend in Levin that has us interested. The wiring and piles are suspect. We haven't been involved in these major costs before so would be interested in any information available.
      Regards

Comment

I had a 2 bedroom house rewired about 3 years ago, cost me $3000.

Comment

Have had nearly all of mine done. Cost vary from $1,800 for a 2 bedroom to $2,800 for 3 bedroom.

If you do get if done you may be entitled for a discount or upgrade on your insurance.

Get quotes rather than an inspection. A quote will be free where as an inspection will cost $50 - $100.

Comment

While we are on the topic of wiring.

One thing to watch out for is any wiring up against polystyrene - either as wall or floor insulation.

Something to do with plasticisers used in the PVC covering of wires gets eaten away by the makeup of the polystyrene.

It is best to seperate the two by the wiring conduit; or you can get special wiring, a purple coloured variety, which has properties and can go up against polystyrene.

Comment

Working...
            X