Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bonham
    replied
    I too have a house clad with Weatherside. There isn't a huge amount of info online about Weatherside really, apart from that it turns to weetbix if it gets wet. I don't think you can really repair it once moisture has gotten in... apart from replacing the damaged sections. There only seems to be a small handful of damaged sheets at my place, so hopefully I can replace with Hardiplank without too much of an issue.

Leave a comment:

• muppet
    replied
    Do a search on this site by putting weatherside
    in the search function.
    There are several threads about weatherside.

You can replace rotted out sheets with Hardiplank.

Leave a comment:

• andygjones
    started a topic Weatherside maintenance

Weatherside maintenance

Hiya

Wondered if anyone can offer some advice. We have a house that's clad in weatherside. It's mostly in really excellent condition and has been well maintained. However I just noticed a small area where some small cracks and swelling has appeared at the bottom of the planks. It's only affecting about 3 planks and (an area about 10cm long on each plank) - all other areas of the house seem in excellent condition.

What's the best way to repair it. Can I just ensure it's dry then sand, fill and paint? Should this stop the degredation or slow it enough to last a few more years?

We would love to replace the areas or get the house re-clad one-day but can't afford to so for now have to maintain it. Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers
    Andy
Working...
X