Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weatherside maintenance

Hiya

Wondered if anyone can offer some advice. We have a house that's clad in weatherside. It's mostly in really excellent condition and has been well maintained. However I just noticed a small area where some small cracks and swelling has appeared at the bottom of the planks. It's only affecting about 3 planks and (an area about 10cm long on each plank) - all other areas of the house seem in excellent condition.

What's the best way to repair it. Can I just ensure it's dry then sand, fill and paint? Should this stop the degredation or slow it enough to last a few more years?

We would love to replace the areas or get the house re-clad one-day but can't afford to so for now have to maintain it. Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers
    Andy

Do a search on this site by putting weatherside
    in the search function.
    There are several threads about weatherside.

You can replace rotted out sheets with Hardiplank.
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

I too have a house clad with Weatherside. There isn't a huge amount of info online about Weatherside really, apart from that it turns to weetbix if it gets wet. I don't think you can really repair it once moisture has gotten in... apart from replacing the damaged sections. There only seems to be a small handful of damaged sheets at my place, so hopefully I can replace with Hardiplank without too much of an issue.

Comment

Working...
      X