Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use vinyl everytime !!

Comment

I've just had to rip up some tiles that were straight on particle board.... once the floor gets wet it's all over, the tiles crack/pop out/floor buckles etc. It's all much of a muchness really, depends what you've got down at the moment, its a different story if you were starting from scratch

Comment

Also for your 70s kitchen:
        1) keep existing cupboards as they are made of durable timber.
        2) paint over the cupboards, and put new stainless steel shiny looking handles on
        3) put in a $99 ranghood from Bunnings if u can fit one. Don't need to connect it to exterior
        4) change benchtop to Formica, or granite if ur rental is in a good area like Remuera/Ellerslie/Ponsonby you get my drift
        5) open up the space and connect to the lounge by demolishing useless wall/wall cabinets
        6) new stainless steel kitchen sink to go with the new benchtop and with new mixer.

All this should cost you less than $2k.

Comment

Originally posted by NovInvestor View Post
          3) put in a $99 ranghood from Bunnings if u can fit one. Don't need to connect it to exterior
          You really want all that moisture going into the roof cavity?

Comment

Originally posted by DazRaz View Post
            You really want all that moisture going into the roof cavity?
            Just let the smoke circulate inside haha... not even connect to the roof cavity

Comment

Originally posted by NovInvestor View Post
              1) keep existing cupboards as they are made of durable timber.
              I love those cupboards... in fact, I have considered ripping out the crappy modern ones to replace them with old kitchens from other houses. The only problem is the doors tend to split and fall apart. What do you replace those with?
              You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Maybe get some thin timber from Bunnings and make the doors yourself??

Comment

I second Essence on the Bunnings tiles. Avoid them, they suck!

Bought a bunch of them and about 30% were out of square so I took them all back and went elswhere (Tile Trends I think?) and managed to negotiate a price only a little higher than what Bunnings were charging.

Cheers,

Sebastian

Comment

I just designed a floating kitchen. For a tenant, does it matter if there is no fridge space if a bar fridge/freezer is provided?

Comment

How many people? One tenant, I'd say they'll just use your bar fridge. Any more and I'd say they'll get a real fridge.

Comment

The work has probably already been done but you could try Kitchens Refreshed who provide that service in the Auckland area.

Comment

In Germany most rentals/house dont come with a kitchen you have to provide you own and you take it with you when you leave. The people I spoke to found it strange ours have kitchens in them and asked "what if you dont like the kitchen?"

Comment

Working...
                          X