It's Curtains

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's Curtains

Just done a make-over on a three-bedroom house.
    I had to replace the curtains in the living room and two of the bedrooms (I can't complain, the old ones had done 20 years).

After a bit of looking around, I got five sets of thermal-lined curtains plus two curtain tracks (three of the old tracks were still OK) for just under $400 from the Curtain Warehouse in Link Drive on the North Shore. A mixture of 160cm and 205cm drops.

Really good value I thought, and worth a recommendation.

Disclaimer: I have no involvement with this retailer apart from being a happy customer.

The good old Op Shop still offers good value. I have a couple of sets already washed & ironed for when a tenant leaves!

Comment

Promise you that they won't last 20 years.

Comment

Carpets?

Hi! (Ignore)
        Many thanks in advance!!
        Last edited by evie; 11-08-2009, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by evie View Post
          Hi! While on topic about curtains - would anyone know where to go for some carpets?

Many thanks in advance!!
          Whilst on the topic of carpets, (...and instead of starting my own thread with all relevant details of my location and requirements) does anyone know where I can buy a reliable, trustworthy, well painted garden gnome?
          Must be garden trained. i.e. not to pee in my fishpond

Comment

Garden gnomes
            Buyer must pick-up Made of concrete Hand painted with concrete paints and glossed with a concrete sealer. 15cm long 7cm high For more concrete orname...

Cadlow means superior customer service. We offer a 100% No risk MONEY BACK guarantee on all our products. RETURN POLICY: You CAN return ANY item for A...

CAST IN GRAY CONCRETE HAND PAINTED IN QUALITY PAINTS AND GLAZE SEALED SIZE=H300mm X W120mm X 2.5kg Due to rough handling in transit we No Longer will take r...
            "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by Glen View Post
              does anyone know where I can buy a reliable, trustworthy, well painted garden gnome?
              While on the topic of garden gnomes, does anyone know what is wrong with my finger? It's a little bit swollen and aches sometimes.

Evie do you know?

Comment

Originally posted by Psilan View Post
                While on the topic of garden gnomes, does anyone know what is wrong with my finger? It's a little bit swollen and aches sometimes.

Evie do you know?

ooh ooh I know,...pick me, ooh!

Your finger aches because you caught it in one of those thingy-me-bobs http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rm=thingymabob
                that you got from a bit of hows-ya-father

and down the road from where ya can get a wigwam for a goose's bridle

(make any sense??...nah didn't think so )

Comment

Originally posted by Glen View Post
                  Whilst on the topic of carpets, (...and instead of starting my own thread with all relevant details of my location and requirements) does anyone know where I can buy a reliable, trustworthy, well painted garden gnome?

OH! I am really sorry - yes you are right!

Comment

OK, just to redeem us all...

If you want CHEAP blinds. I really mean cheap here;

Try http://www.blindcare.co.nz/ (The Blind Care Company)

They have a huge room full of seconds, which imo aren't really seconds. You could have a 2m wide blind with a little wobble on a few blind parts.
                    You pay $30 (for any blind you can find, no matter how big).
                    Then $30 to cut to width. (usually cutting off the part that makes it a second)
                    Then $30 to cut to length.*

I did half my lounge, 3 blinds, massive windows, for $210. Installed myself.
                    I selected thick pure white wood.

*Prices approx, this was 1 year ago.
                    Last edited by Psilan; 11-08-2009, 09:53 AM.

Comment

WOW! Nice.

In fact, my next question was going to be about blinds! THANK YOU SO MUCH! I actually looked up the older post about "carpets" thinking i should try to look up before posting () and FOUND one recommended by Davo

Thank you for the thought of redeeming my "ignorance...."

Comment

Working...
                      X