Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fence build in Chch - Recommendations?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fence build in Chch - Recommendations?

    My partner and I have quite a large fence to build in Avonhead, Christchurch.

    About 45-50m down one side, and about 10m at the front and around a corner. (...measures using google earth... - 42.42m side, 11.2m front and corner)

    We would like it to be 1.8m high, with a few pricing options for width/thickness. Vertical palings with nail widths between. Possibly oriental style at the front and corner. No gates required, but gaps for future gates needed.

    Any builders around that can give us a per meter price for a straight fence, then capping per meter?

  • #2
    I have a great handy man that could probably do the job for you at a competitive price! and the workmanship is superb.

    I'm using him for my Chch properties, PM me if you want me to get you in contact.
    New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
    FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
    CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

    Comment


    • #3
      Thank you Orkibi.
      We will give him a call in a few weeks time to get a quote/estimate. Will let him know you passed his number.

      Any others?

      Comment


      • #4
        Did you end up getting someone for your fence? I can reccomend someone if you havent yet..

        Comment


        • #5
          Does $150 per lm all inclusive materials + gst sound about right for a standard 1.8m paling fence?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Glen View Post
            Does $150 per lm all inclusive materials + gst sound about right for a standard 1.8m paling fence?
            not at all. that's way too much.. I know a guy that can do it for $80 inc. so i'd say whoever's quoted that is way off. (If you want a name and number feel free to PM me)

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by WalkerServices View Post
              not at all. that's way too much.. I know a guy that can do it for $80 inc. so i'd say whoever's quoted that is way off. (If you want a name and number feel free to PM me)
              Just sent you a PM, cheers.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yeah thanks we got it built.

                $3860 incl GST.

                42m + extra 2m T'ing onto the house.
                Gate posts.
                Kicker (cheap one)
                Capping (semi cheap)

                Had to pay an extra $260 ($3860 was grand total) due to these insane concreted steel posts. He had to spend a while on them and also hire a concrete saw.
                I tried for 45minutes with a sledgehammer and a concrete drill and barely made a scratch

                Comment


                • #9
                  Still too much

                  Originally posted by Psilan View Post
                  Yeah thanks we got it built.

                  $3860 incl GST.

                  42m + extra 2m T'ing onto the house.
                  Gate posts.
                  Kicker (cheap one)
                  Capping (semi cheap)

                  Had to pay an extra $260 ($3860 was grand total) due to these insane concreted steel posts. He had to spend a while on them and also hire a concrete saw.
                  I tried for 45minutes with a sledgehammer and a concrete drill and barely made a scratch
                  Even on todays prices I could have done that job for $68.00 m or quite possibly considerably less
                  Cheers

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X