No announcement yet.

U.S Green Energy Tax credit (property )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U.S Green Energy Tax credit (property )

Not sure what James Shaw and Chloe are getting paid to do outside attacking landlords and pretending to fix 1st world poverty.

The U.S senate just past a bill that includes tax credits on roof solar panels and energy storage.

​​​​​​​"Installing solar panels on homes: Tax credits in the bill will cover 30% of the cost of buying a rooftop solar system and home battery storage. The average cost of a rooftop solar system is around $20,000,(47.000nzd) according to the Solar Energy Industries Association. But that upfront cost will result in energy bill savings every year and add value to a home."

Add the EV credit for at Tesla model Y ($49,000) NZD which you should get 10 to 15 years out of a Tesla EV battery, A wise investment for your retirement years not having to worry about fuel or home energy costs.

​​​​​​​Much of this Technology should come down in price this decade as manufacturing ramps up.

This could in theory take some pressure of our farmers and New Zealands green house emissions target,

(Yes city dwellers can actually help farmers, not the other way around for once)

keeping farming as our main export and revenue and also our first world status as a wealthy country.

Or we can keep topping up welfare, petrol tax cuts, $350 to expats living in Europe and pay for 10s of thousands extra bureaucracts to have virtual power point meetings on how to address he/she/they pronoun's in an email.

I'm sure it's not as easy as I make it sound, but a plan and direction is a start.

Democrats’ new climate bill contains a bevy of tax incentives aimed at pushing consumers, developers, small businesses and others towards clean energy.

Perhaps an election promise and vote bribe next year?

^^F.Y.I Stats show Tesla model Y will over take the Toyota Corolla in 2023 if not this year as the most purchased new vehicle in the world.

Comment

I'm with you Jeffa - I've always wondered - what's the point of the Green Party? Every party has policies for tackling climate change, sustainability, inequality and so on.

Isn't the Telsa model a sedan - not a hatch and most Kiwis prefer a hatch or SUV?

cheers

Donna

Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
        I've always wondered - what's the point of the Green Party?
        Not always. Just more latterly.
        NZ has a communist party that's infiltrated what was once the Green Party and hijacked the name.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
          I'm with you Jeffa - I've always wondered - what's the point of the Green Party? Every party has policies for tackling climate change, sustainability, inequality and so on.

Isn't the Telsa model a sedan - not a hatch and most Kiwis prefer a hatch or SUV?

cheers

Donna
          Hatchback should be coming in around 2024 , it will be Teslas most affordable car at 25k~

Tesla will likely exhaust the current higher income earner bracket on the current model Y at 49k before moving to the smaller 25k model and target lower and middle income earners.

Good chance most Kiwis will be in an affordable EV before 2030. (assuming we haven't lost our first world status and gone broke as a nation from current government policies)
          Last edited by Jeffa; 10-08-2022, 11:32 PM.

Comment

Solar panels ect - you can get these installed in California and the local authority pays the upfront costs, you then pay them off over 20 years through your property taxes. Advert came up on the misses phone along the same lines last night.

Few options here.

From the Federal Investment Tax Credit to California-specific programs and rebates, uncover the incentives meant to make solar affordable to all.

James Shaw ect al should concentrate on the environment, not on all the communist social issues they dream up.

Comment

^^ Couldn’t have said it better myself.

Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
              X