Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have $250,000 to invest and can't get a mortgage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
    This all ties in with your financial investments because if you are in your 40s today you will have the ability to live comfortably to atleast 100.
    If you are a millennial you will most likely have the genomic technologies to live comfortably to 120.

You must also remember the average life span in England 200 years ago was 41..then modern medicine and antibiotics were created.

So if you would like to live alot longer you need to be able to fund your life with long-term investments in quality assets.
    I think you'll find clean water and sanitation/ plumping , wealth of the human race ... go to the dirt poor countries and they still die very young Vs westerners etc ... has been a big reason for the longer life spans along with human evolution ...not just drugs but massive move forward in living conditions
    Last edited by JBM; 13-02-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBM View Post

I think you'll find clean water and sanitation/ plumping , wealth of the human race ... go to the dirt poor countries and they still die very young Vs westerners etc ... has been a big reason for the longer life spans along with human evolution ...not just drugs but massive move forward in living conditions
      I agree, but we have left the industrial age decades ago and are moving at a rapid pace to the invitation age. These technologies will be worth trillions so I recommend investing while there lower in price not collecting a dividend off them in 20 years.

If you would have invested $10,000 into Amazon in 1997 , you would have made a return of $13,000,000 today.

Comment

Originally posted by propertyfinder View Post
        Nobody is recommending I buy property! I need an income producing asset of some kind.
        Only property I'm looking at is commercial ..few I like on my watchlist ... Res Property is a joke in NZ... for one decent section here in Central Otago I could Buy a Large Commercial Property with Net income 8-11% aka 50k+ income .... But the Banks are really tough on Commercial lending which is a joke ... they don't seem to care if any Res Property purchased are in good condition not earthquake prone 100% higher price than few years ago etc...
        Last edited by JBM; 13-02-2021, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JBM View Post

Only property I'm looking at is commercial ..few I like on my watchlist ... Res Property is a joke in NZ... for one decent section here in Central Otago I could Buy a Large Commercial Property with Net income 8-11% aka 50k+ income .... But the Banks are really tough on Commercial lending which is a joke ... they don't seem to care if any Res Property purchased are in good condition not earthquake prone 100% higher price than few years ago etc...
          What kind of commercial properties are you looking at? In a climate of endless lockdowns, only business premises deemed "essential" would be worth investing in.

Comment

What kind of commercial properties are you looking at? In a climate of endless lockdowns, only business premises deemed "essential" would be worth investing in.
            It’s funny how McDonald’s is essential right?
            "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Perhaps sharesies.
              Bitcoin?

Comment

well for one I'm not looking at Auckland .. my current commercial property is a Rural supplies store that was classified as essential during the level 4 lockdown... so no stress there ... but others I've been looking at have muti tenants mostly services/food/res flat etc ... yes of course risks but thats life when haven't we been having a crisis of some sort ..
                I personal don;'t think leveraging up into Res rentals as being completely safe either as just been looking at how many rentals our on the market in some of our southern cities ... having empty property with all the costs wouldn't be to smart esp as prices are at there peak

Comment

Hey @propertyfinder....what you ended up doing with 250k...mind to share? i am in similar boat...postponing on property for now...

Comment

Working...
                  X