Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have $250,000 to invest and can't get a mortgage.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have $250,000 to invest and can't get a mortgage.

Any suggestions on what I should do with my money?

Tried non-bank lenders?

Comment

Put a small % into Bitcoin. Only what you can afford to lose. But Elon musk has just invested 1.5b into BTC and said Tesla will now accept btc as a payment method for its products. It has been shooting up in value all year. Not sure where it will land but it is well and truly becoming widely accepted.

have a look at. binance.com.

Comment

For me Resources are great investments with the ASX Sharemarket having some great companies ...we live in world where people then metals are poor investments while they invest in an online Digital Token thats 95% held by just 2% of holders ...and call it the peoples money ... well without Gold Silver Copper Nickel Lithium Halloysite OIL Gas etc etc you wouldn't have Iphones Computers pretty much nil electronics or Power to run them or FOOD to put in mouth .... so for me I've been following the resources sector for 18yrs and at present we are starting the next GREAT bull market in resources ... so fat this Fy I'm up 150% ... next week could well add another 50% as many major anns ...

So If I had 250k spare I wouldn't buy some overvalued old NZ Property ...but spread across a mix of ASX Resources shares ..... just go and look at LRS.ASX is up 200% since I purchased couple months back but has potential to 10x from here using peer valuations ....

Comment

Invest in disruptive technology sectors..look forward not back.
          If you hold shares in oil companies and similar it's like owning a rental property in Murupara .
          Last edited by Jeffa; 12-02-2021, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
            Invest in disruptive technology sectors..look forward not back.
            If you hold shares in oil companies and similar it's like owning a rental property in Murupara .
            Good so you use no products that are made or transported with the help of oil ..?? just wool hemp clothes ,,, no plastics use only push bike EV etc ??? Crude Oil age is on its way out to a Copper silver etc age but its not going happen overnight but will take decades

Comment

Originally posted by JBM View Post

Good so you use no products that are made or transported with the help of oil ..?? just wool hemp clothes ,,, no plastics use only push bike EV etc ??? Crude Oil age is on its way out to a Copper silver etc age but its not going happen overnight but will take decades
              This transformation In disruptive technology has already begun.
              Its everything from autonomous cars to the genomics space, there is already gene editing for cancer and hereditary diseases .. world government's just have to approve it.
              This will all happen this decade and I have invested a good portion of my capital in these companies.

Dinosaur index funds will collapse with there outdated technology of yesterday.

Taking down Kiwisaver funds with it.
              Last edited by Jeffa; 12-02-2021, 04:04 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeffa;n723861]

Its everything from autonomous cars to the genomics space, there is already gene editing for cancer and hereditary diseases .. world government's just have to approve it.
                This will all happen this decade and I have invested a good portion of my capital in these companies.

you think Big Phama will let the Cancer industry cashcow go ...Americans spent $535 billion on prescription drugs in 2018, an increase of 50 percent since 2010.... whatever the future holds you still need resources we humans don't survive on just fresh air.. we all want the latest tech that will be thrown away in a couple years ... anyone that thinks we don't need miners / fishermen /farmers/industry is living in lala land

Most forward projections for resources is for demand surpassing supply .. with the roll-out of EVs and other tech ....cobalt supply must double by 2030 to keep up with demand.. most cobalt comes from the Congo
                Last edited by JBM; 12-02-2021, 04:53 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=JBM;n723865]

you think Big Phama will let the Cancer industry cashcow go ...Americans spent $535 billion on prescription drugs in 2018, an increase of 50 percent since 2010.... whatever the future holds you still need resources we humans don't survive on just fresh air.. we all want the latest tech that will be thrown away in a couple years ... anyone that thinks we don't need miners / fishermen /farmers/industry is living in lala land
                  Pharma will have to adapt or collapse, today's medicine is outdated. You will have your own specific treatments for you and you alone not guess work which is what the medical world is basically today.
                  This technology will also affect all marine life and farmers.

Comment

If you remember the dot com bubble of the 90s you may or may not understand why the market collapsed.

The dot com bubble of the 90s was created in the 80s unfortunately the technology was too expensive ,too early and crashed in 2001.

The companies that survived the 90s dot com bubble are the likes of Amazon, Apple which are now the biggest companies in the world ..infact bigger than most of European countries economy and definitely bigger than Australia and NZ.

These technologies from the 90s are available at a fraction of the price today they were in the 90s and will be ready within 5 years.

When you say theses technologies won't be ready for decades...there already here.
                    Last edited by Jeffa; 12-02-2021, 05:05 PM.

Comment

This all ties in with your financial investments because if you are in your 40s today you will have the ability to live comfortably to atleast 100.
                      If you are a millennial you will most likely have the genomic technologies to live comfortably to 120.

You must also remember the average life span in England 200 years ago was 41..then modern medicine and antibiotics were created.

So if you would like to live alot longer you need to be able to fund your life with long-term investments in quality assets.
                      Last edited by Jeffa; 12-02-2021, 05:25 PM.

Comment

How very timely for me too Propertyfinder! Thankyou.

I'm watching this with great interest and I am grateful for your suggestions too.

I'm learning too, to gloss over the arguments/pro vs cons of blurb and cut straight to the facts so I can try ascertain the best means of investments there is for me.

Cheers

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeffa;n723867]
                          Originally posted by JBM View Post

Pharma will have to adapt or collapse, today's medicine is outdated. You will have your own specific treatments for you and you alone not guess work which is what the medical world is basically today.
                          This technology will also affect all marine life and farmers.
                          Big Pharma is where the money is at. Medicines that we don't need... vaccines that we don't need. Bill Gates' aim for the whole world to be vaccinated with his experimental drug "vaccine" against a virus with a 99.8% recovery rate. Big Pharma is where the money is at.

Comment

This all ties in with your financial investments because if you are in your 40s today you will have the ability to live comfortably to atleast 100.
                            If you are a millennial you will most likely have the genomic technologies to live comfortably to 120.

You must also remember the average life span in England 200 years ago was 41..then modern medicine and antibiotics were created.

So if you would like to live alot longer you need to be able to fund your life with long-term investments in quality assets.
                            I think because global elites want to REDUCE the world's population, because Big Pharma want to keep pumping us with toxic medicines we don't need and the global drive to force an experimental drug "vaccine" on us - all of these factors are working against life spans being extended comfortably to 120.

Comment

Nobody is recommending I buy property! I need an income producing asset of some kind.

Comment

Working...
                              X