No announcement yet.

$30k Ouch!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they should be involved in this, as this type of situation where a sleepout is rented out as a self contained situation would be something extremely common throughout NZ.
    I don't like to use the word evil lightly in regard to this or any judgment but I think this ruling has shown utter disregard and contempt toward the landlord.

Comment

The decision does rely on change of use but under the building act there wasn't one and liky the district plan allowed the building iuse as well.

again I say this was a bullshit decision from a incompetent judge!!!

Comment

I would presume PFSL Rentals Ltd the property management agency involved would have a clause in their contract with the owner of the property making him or her responsible for fines associated .

To any property managers out there - is their a standard clause in your agreement to cover things like this?

Comment

and also why they haven't responded to reach out? Their insurer will be controlling them.

Comment

Originally posted by John the builder View Post
            and also why they haven't responded to reach out? Their insurer will be controlling them.
            Their insurer would cover this?
            ​​​​​​To any PM out there - who would be liable for the fine, the owner or the agency?

These types of situations would be common throughout NZ, and make fair game out of any landlord.

I think the last case I recall with some parallels to this was the Dunedin Inglis case, thankfully the original decision to refund all the rent was overturned on appeal. Inglis sold up I understand shortly after that having had a gutsful of being a landlord. Labour govt will only make worse the housing crisis with these draconian dictates.

However with this present case I'm left wondering why there doesn't seem to have been an appeal ?

Comment

Working...
            X