Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sir Robert - The Coming Economic Crisis

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    I'm playing it by trying to get as pre-approved as I possibly can in order to buy lots of properties while money is virtually free.

    Ask me again in a year how it worked out :-P
    Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

    Comment


    • #77
      Im thinking about 6 months when the money runs out and we see how big unemployment is, will be able to see what economy is doing then.
      "Remember, people will judge you by your actions,not your intentions.You may have a heart of gold -but so does a hard-boiled egg".

      Comment


      • #78
        And how many will be able to afford to pay the rent?
        Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

        Comment


        • #79
          Originally posted by Perry View Post
          And how many will be able to afford to pay the rent?
          Who really knows? Do we just sit on our hands then, (will there be no market for renters?) even people losing their home need somewhere live. But id say places like Tokoroa & Kawerau will definitely be out. (and maybe even Queenstown for the foreseeable future)

          I think the real question we should ask ourselves is, is this deal the best deal for this time, what is the upside, evaluate the risks, living in fear is easy to do and there is enough negativity out there without creating more in your head. Im going to fight the fear do it anyway. I do know one thing, most of the opportunities are around the corner having been through the GFC, I may as well go along with it.
          Last edited by Frezzinghot; 22-04-2020, 10:02 PM.
          "Remember, people will judge you by your actions,not your intentions.You may have a heart of gold -but so does a hard-boiled egg".

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
            Media & government are more concerned with using fear to elevate panic levels for this virus which is mainly just another version of the flu. MADNESS.
            Indeed madness if you look at the stats of fly seasons in previous 10 years. That the figures differ between regions and countries are because of characteristics such as geographical, seasonal (winter north/summer south parts of the globe) features and population numbers, age structure, medical care, etc
            The Corona viruse is known since 2011 and mutates as all flu viruses do in every season. So a vaccine needs to be applied every year new – a blessing for the pharmaceutical industry running steps behind every season.

            Comment


            • #81
              The truth is out there

              Originally posted by klauster View Post
              Indeed madness if you look at the stats of fly seasons in previous 10 years. That the figures differ between regions and countries are because of characteristics such as geographical, seasonal (winter north/summer south parts of the globe) features and population numbers, age structure, medical care, etc
              The Corona viruse is known since 2011 and mutates as all flu viruses do in every season. So a vaccine needs to be applied every year new – a blessing for the pharmaceutical industry running steps behind every season.
              If you still think this is the flu, you are not paying attention
              Seek harder

              Herman Z

              Comment


              • #82
                Just before the Elections, it might be timely to re-visit Sir Bob's prognostications.

                THE COMING ECONOMIC CRISIS and its POLITICAL CONSEQUENCES
                13 April 2020

                TIME FOR SANITY
                16 April 2020
                Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

                Comment


                • #83
                  If antibiotics and bleach creates super bugs - will masks and lockdowns breed super virulent viruses?
                  Maybe one that doesn't have a 99% recovery rate.
                  The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    We'll be buying up big': Sir Bob Jones sits on a stash of cash, waiting
                    Remind me: how's that buy when others' fear quote go?
                    Originally posted by Stuff
                    He also said investing in residential property was a “stupid thing to do”. “I’d rather be flogged, 30 lashes every hour than having to own a residential property.”
                    Last edited by Perry; 16-10-2020, 07:11 PM.
                    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Ha funny Perry.

                      We're in a bubble right now and Labour will ride it out for as long as they can. Meanwhile property is being sold for silly money. Plus boats too - it seems we love our boats and luxury boats are selling at unprecedented levels.

                      cheers,

                      Donna
                      SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

                      BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by Perry View Post
                        We'll be buying up big': Sir Bob Jones sits on a stash of cash, waiting
                        Remind me: how's that buy when others' fear quote go?
                        A very astute investor . I saw a post in the FB chat group, all these idiots slandering him, that he shouldn't take advantage ,.. bunch of hypocrites.

                        Everyone is hoping for a crash ...sigh.. for the prices are sky high but , interest rates so low that it doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things... for now...

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
                          Im thinking about 6 months when the money runs out and we see how big unemployment is, will be able to see what economy is doing then.
                          How wrong was, instead i borrowed more money & brought another property!, Did not see this coming.
                          "Remember, people will judge you by your actions,not your intentions.You may have a heart of gold -but so does a hard-boiled egg".

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
                            How wrong was, instead i borrowed more money & brought another property!, Did not see this coming.
                            FH< I remember now . what are the figures like , did you get a bargain!.

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by BlueSky View Post

                              FH< I remember now . what are the figures like , did you get a bargain!.
                              5% yield. In Auckland. Was a solid brick & tile home with a cosmetic reno. Brought 80k under CV before it went really crazy about 3 months ago.

                              Pretty happy with that as I can recycle a my deposit in 6months to buy another. Challenge will be if I can do it in Auckland but probably further south.
                              Last edited by Frezzinghot; 24-10-2020, 10:30 AM.
                              "Remember, people will judge you by your actions,not your intentions.You may have a heart of gold -but so does a hard-boiled egg".

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post

                                ... Challenge will be if I can do it in Auckland but probably further south.
                                Yup, and that's the problem.
                                The huge wallop of cash (debt), that the Reserve bank just dumped into the system, will affect prices, in remote places, in this way.

                                I bet their models don't even come close to capturing that.












                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X