Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MMT, Modern monetary theory wrong because...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMT, Modern monetary theory wrong because...

MMT is wrong because the original observation is wrong.

The original observation is that money is not scarce for the government as they can print as much as they want.
    That's wrong because reality is a zero sum game.
    Each dollar they print steals money from people who have already earned and saved dollars.
    Its just theft, not a victimless crime.
    With each new dollar is a new theft.

This time it's different...
    Wait. When did I hear that before?
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

A different view; Breaching the rules of nature is a crime!
      To illustrate, in an uncontrolled forest trees grow up to a limited size and height, and when dying new trees take over the space.
      The debt based money creation system is driven by growth, growing debts by repaying debts with new debts. Looking at the current finance system the trees growth without limitations – is that natural?

Comment

Originally posted by klauster View Post
        A different view; Breaching the rules of nature is a crime!
        To illustrate, in an uncontrolled forest trees grow up to a limited size and height, and when dying new trees take over the space.
        The debt based money creation system is driven by growth, growing debts by repaying debts with new debts. Looking at the current finance system the trees growth without limitations – is that natural?
        Absolutely not.
        All living things grow to a equilibrium point.
        Usually some limiting factor.
        Could be a supply factor.

Food supply is a good one.

But we as a species have been able to use words and symbols to store the knowledge of all those before us.
        And use it to outrun those natural limitations.

We use the efforts of all the dead things that dissolved to make up oil, for example,
        to run the motors that farm land way beyond our physical strength.

Life has one particularly good idea to beat raw nature.
        Walls.

The cell uses fat walls to have certain advantages inside the wall, compared to outside the wall.
        Ancient cities built walls to have a good life within, while the wild stayed outside.

And a country is just a really big city.

Once inside the wall, a system of cooperative behavior must be established.
        To prevent the wild part of our nature from tearing each other apart.

The coded cooperative behavior of a city gives rise to a legal fiction called money.
        Money is a creature of law.

If you ever wondered what the old biblical garden of Eden story was getting at, it's most likely that the apple was knowledge and highly symbolic language.

so, in some ways, everything we do is unnatural.

Comment

Originally posted by McDuck View Post

so, in some ways, everything we do is unnatural.
          You saying – unnatural is the same as “breaching the rules”
          E.g. a fall follows the rule of gravity – true, people breaching that too!

Comment

You saying – unnatural is the same as “breaching the rules”
            E.g. a fall follows the rule of gravity – true, people breaching that too!
            Kind of.
            I meant that we as a species can bend the natural laws for a while.
            At least put them off.

So rather than grow our body hair into feathers and grow hollow bones to beat gravity,
            We simply build a plane.

Comment

Originally posted by McDuck View Post
              Kind of.
              I meant that we as a species can bend the natural laws for a while.
              At least put them off.

So rather than grow our body hair into feathers and grow hollow bones to beat gravity,
              We simply build a plane.
              If understood – you talk about “evolution”, explained by C. Darwin.
              "Bending the natural laws" – the dream of the climate experts, e.g. stop creating clouds to avoid flood catastrophes, or just by redirecting clouds to water the Gobi Desert.

Well, I go along with technologies but not to defeat rules of nature, using them like building flying machines.

Comment

If understood – you talk about “evolution”, explained by C. Darwin.
                "Bending the natural laws" – the dream of the climate experts, e.g. stop creating clouds to avoid flood catastrophes, or just by redirecting clouds to water the Gobi Desert.

Well, I go along with technologies but not to defeat rules of nature, using them like building flying machines.
                I'm not sure I totally understand what you mean.
                I guess the great apes are similar to us.
                They seem to be living in harmony with nature.
                But they don't have all the strange gadgets and needs that we do.
                I guess our primitive ancestors took a different path as soon as they used fire for heat and volcanic glass to cut things.
                That enabled them to move into situations and places faster than if they waited millions of years for their bodies to adapt.

I suppose it would be a nice life, to be in total sync with nature, bit smelly though.

Comment

Working...
                X