X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• richard56
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris W View Post
    The following message is brought to you by OneRoof ...

Eight factors that will protect NZ from worst of recession

Tony Alexander

https://www.oneroof.co.nz/news/37708

Hi
    Dose anyone know if Tony is still doing his "reports" on the economy?
    I enjoyed reading his stuff.
    Thanks
    Richard

Leave a comment:

• absoluteproperty
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinram7 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know you guys thoughts on this. Currently the way the Virus in spreading all around the Globe and few banks (ASB) predicting Recession on cards. Just wondering, if its right time buy a house in Auckland?

Are you guys in the same category as me or investing ? will there be fall in the prices if we wait for couple of months ? I would like to your thoughts on this.

Thanks, Much appreciated
    Rather than all out selling, we are refinancing to free up capital in anticipation of any opportunities which may come up.

Even when this Covid 19 issue is under control, it is election year. If Labour remain in government (I have my own muted opinion on that, depending on leadership decisions that the National Party make) then it will not be seen as positive by property investors. There have been articles in the newspapers lately suggesting landlords should be considering rent relief to assist in this crisis and pass on any margin they receive from interest rate cuts, laughable as many landlords are now scraping through worse than their tenants and many have or are selling up.

I think it is a great time to buy, but not right away. I do not know what the signal is that it is the right time to buy, but I know it isn't now.

Leave a comment:

• Anthonyacat
    replied
    I don't know whether prices will drop, or sales will just stall. Urgent sales will probably get a much lower price than they want. Certainly some bargains to be had. But I reckon everyone else will just wait for things to blow over rather than dropping their price expectations much. Just my baseless prediction.

Leave a comment:

• Frezzinghot
    replied
    Originally posted by Dinram7 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Just wanted to know you guys thoughts on this. Currently the way the Virus in spreading all around the Globe and few banks (ASB) predicting Recession on cards. Just wondering, if its right time buy a house in Auckland?

Are you guys in the same category as me or investing ? will there be fall in the prices if we wait for couple of months ? I would like to your thoughts on this.

Thanks, Much appreciated
    Its inevitable that this is going to have an impact, how long and and low prices will go for is anyones guess, just make sure you can afford what ever it is you buy. A downturn is imminent!!!

Leave a comment:

• donna
    replied
    The Gov'ts reactions are unprecedented so it's hard not to believe the worst and that tens of millions could die from it if it's allowed to infect hundreds of millions of people simultaneously.

cheers,

Donna

Leave a comment:

• PC
    replied
    A fiasco in the making? As the coronavirus pandemic takes hold, we are making decisions without reliable data

The current coronavirus disease, Covid-19, has been called a once-in-a-century pandemic. But it may also be a once-in-a-century evidence fiasco.

https://www.statnews.com/2020/03/17/...reliable-data/

Seems like an irrational over reaction to the Wuhoo flu.
    Any excuse to grab power and curtail freedom.

Leave a comment:

• jack2016
    replied
    sorry i deleted my post as i can't find the links to back it up

Leave a comment:

• Don't believe the Hype
    replied
    can you post the links you're referring to?

or are you just trolling?

Leave a comment:

• Chris W
    replied
    The following message is brought to you by OneRoof ...

Eight factors that will protect NZ from worst of recession

Tony Alexander

https://www.oneroof.co.nz/news/37708

Leave a comment:

• Chris W
    replied
    Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
    OneRoof is ground zero for property propaganda aye?

Davo36,

OneRoof is a property listing website, with a vested financial interest in promoting property. Can't really expect any independent advice on property on there.

From the OneRoof website.

OneRoof is the new home of Real Estate, with thousands of listings, latest property news and market insights to help make your property decisions easier. Local schools, crime stats, commute times, property values, market trends, mortgage calculators … You’ll find it all - and more - under OneRoof.

Leave a comment:

• Dinram7
    replied
    Corona Virus and Recession Forecast : Is this right time to buy ?

Hi Guys,

Thanks, Much appreciated

Leave a comment:

• Perry
    replied
    Much Ado About Nothing

Coronavirus (COVID-19) - what landlords and tenants need to know
    14 Feb 2020
    Originally posted by Gummint Bullshit
    Dealing with a coronavirus situation? Make sure you are aware of your rights and responsibilities.
    As far as I can see, absolutely nothing / no changes for LLs or tenants. Just re-hashed, warmed-over, repeats of the RTA legislative tenants-favouritism, socio-commie-reds-voter cronyism.

Bah! Humbug!
    Last edited by Perry; 18-03-2020, 07:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Davo36
    replied
    Originally posted by PC View Post
    Our greatest economist - Eaqud - is predicting a deep dark recession. So that’s a relief. With his track record of successful calls it’ll probably be over by next week.
    I wonder if he'll decide to sell his house - for some irrational economist's idea...

Leave a comment:

• Davo36
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris W View Post
    FYI,
    The case being made by the property investment industry. Be aware that these people have vested financial interests, and may have some potential conflicts of interest.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/property/news/video.cfm?c_id=8&gal_cid=8&gallery_id=217825

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120149519/housing-market-will-suffer-due-to-coronavirus-how-fast-it-recovers-is-another-question
    OneRoof is ground zero for property propaganda aye?

Leave a comment:

• Chris W
    replied
    FYI,
    The case being made by the property investment industry. Be aware that these people have vested financial interests, and may have some potential conflicts of interest.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/property/news/video.cfm?c_id=8&gal_cid=8&gallery_id=217825

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/coronavirus/120149519/housing-market-will-suffer-due-to-coronavirus-how-fast-it-recovers-is-another-question

Leave a comment:

Working...
X