What do you use houses for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you use houses for?

Houses, everyone knows what they look like.
    But I suspect that each person owns one for a different. purpose.
    retirement income supplement.
    nest for a family.
    place to start a backyard business.
    bachelor pad .
    base to get to work quickly from.
    temporary store of money to ride the capital gain.
    rural shelter from the rat race.
    mini sports field for the kids to play sports on.
    and more.

Many of the new type houses lose the extreme flexibility that the older houses had.
    And the traffic and congestion makes short change the rest.

Are the new houses a false weights and measure for value compared to the older ones. is inflation much greater than revealed?
    Was this the national government's long game immigration con?

Is this all the biggest con in history?

hmmm.

Hmmm. I think the world over this new type of housing is the common solution to how to fit more people closer to the centre of a city. It has been around a long time. Don’t think it is a National party thing.

Comment

Yeah agreed - we're the new kids on the block so to speak and 'sheep' following our friends, and neighbours like Aussie. Town planning is interesting. As our population grows and land becomes scarce we will densify and eventually grow upwards. Backyards will become smaller and replaced by communal open spaces. It's definitely not a political thing.

Properties have always been multi use. Professionals services (Doctors, Lawyers, Accountants etc) used to work from home - as did everyone else and now the decentralisation of workplaces and tech disruption has made working from 'your own space' - at home or in the cafe or a shared space, the norm.

cheers,

Donna
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
        Yeah agreed - we're the... It's definitely not a political thing....

Donna
        I thought the word "political" meant of government and governance.?
        How can the wider shape and organization of our society not be political?

Comment

Yeah progress is definitely hindered by politicians making 'housing' a party issue and the rules keep changing, but eventually albeit slowly doesn't it all goes the same way - push out then intensify?

cheers,

Donna

Comment

I know of 3 houses within a few minutes walk, that are nothing more than Street Ornaments. They have been left vacant for years. I can see that becoming more popular with mortgage free investors who dont want to play by the new RTA rules and are happy to wait for capital gains growth.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
              Yeah progress is definitely hindered by politicians making 'housing' a party issue and the rules keep changing, but eventually albeit slowly doesn't it all goes the same way - push out then intensify?

cheers,

Donna

Not necessarily.

Petra is rather quiet these days. (Ran out of water you see).

Also, plague, war and natural disasters tend to keep populations in check.

China did a good job with social laws, and contraception did a good job too.

Comment

Yeah I hear you McDuck.

Learning, vacant properties could be dealt to with a 'vacant property tax'

However, where properties are left vacant for lengthy periods of time, particularly by banks, funds and professional landlords they should be subject to a tax based on a portion of their market value and increasing incrementally on an annual basis.
                Source

cheers,

Donna

Comment

I'm in agreement with a vacant property tax but would it be too hard to police?
                  Unless your neighbors dob you in.

Comment

Working...
                  X