For those who pay water rates.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For those who pay water rates.

Ever purchased petrol or diesel at the fuel station? Did you notice that each pump has a certification of accuracy on it?

So.

Where are the certificates of accuracy on each of the water meters used to measure water usage and invoice you for your water bill?

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

does the owner/builder supply and install themselves?

Comment

Originally posted by jappronz View Post
      does the owner/builder supply and install themselves?
      You talking water meters?
      No - council own and install them (or Water Care in Ak).

Comment

And electricity meters . . . ?

Comment

If few cases it's owner who supplies and installs water meter - we've installed a water meter to an Auckland property that is on tank water so that Watercare can charge for wastewater based on actual water consumption instead of a fixed fee per month.

And I'm pretty sure I own the meter as it was me who paid a plumber to supply and install it. Watercare was not involved at all, they just processed my application and now come to do readings every two months as everywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
            Ever purchased petrol or diesel at the fuel station? Did you notice that each pump has a certification of accuracy on it?

So.

Where are the certificates of accuracy on each of the water meters used to measure water usage and invoice you for your water bill?
            Or the accuracy of the readings? There was a ruckus a little while ago as they misread the meter and massively overcharged me and the neighbour. For an owner-occupied, no biggie. But we didn't realise what had happened until the next two bills arrived and all became clear. I can see that causing headaches with tenanted properties (as it did with my neighbour, who shares the meter, and their landlord.)
            My blog. From personal experience.
            http://statehousinginnz.wordpress.com/

Comment

Good point. Bit hard to run a cubic meter of water through it to check its accuracy.
              A truck ran over my meter and smashed it (meter sat aside a road metal storage area) and the next reading made the bill thousands of dollars. The meter reader may only be reading the meter but I would have though they may have realised that the meter was a bit stuffed looking.

Comment

Working...
              X