Building inspection horror stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building inspection horror stories

Has been in the news alot again lately with another story on TV3. Sadly see it through Auckland myself too. Can see some people on sites have no idea what they are doing. Some working until 8pm, its so dark they can't see what they're doing.

The comment by inspectors that builders think the council are quality controllers is spot on. It shouldnt be their job. Frightening to think there was a propsoal for tradespeople to sign off their own work to speed up construction.

just like the supposed housing shortage that dodgy building is a Auckland problem, im on new sites every day and never see anything like that

Comment

Just looked at the start - very odd.
      Did they go out and get untreated timber especially for this?
      Building 2 houses at the moment and there isn't any untreated timber on site if they wanted to do this!

I don't understand why they don't just do a lot of this right?
      Like the handibrac - they had all the bits they needed (they come complete) so why not spend the 5 minutes and do it right?
      I suppose if they have 10 to do there's another hour gone.

Comment

Oh I dunno, I see this as Auckland Council trying to justify their woefully inadequate inspection regime.

They're slow, holding up heaps of jobs, and are basically a waste of time - 99% of the time.

They're just trying to show "Gee look how bad things would be if WE weren't on the job to save the day."

When in reality the situation is more like "Look at how good things could be if we didn't have to deal with these council ****wits at every step of the process."
        Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
        X