No announcement yet.

What Do You Do When You Get There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your right, iwik. Just ask the bums on the streets begging for loose change. They have OODLES of time.

Your appreciation for car aesthetics, however, is questionable. The C4 is a dog, I agree, but all other models are glorious to behold. Get with the programme, there's a good chap.

Comment

Targa top 60's vettes are nice but you really can't beat Camaros. I would tolerate a Roush stage 3 if it was free :-)

Comment

Talking about davo's ordinary life quote I just remeber a chinese quote which says sth like 'if u want to be happy for a week get married. If u want to be happy for a month travel. If u want to be happy for a long time plant a tree'
        Not quite sure about growing trees ....My cherry trees in my backyard have tiny black insects all over which have kept me busy trying to figure out how to get rid of them in an evironmentally friendly way.

Comment

Whichever way you do it to ease your conscience, it ain't going to be environmentally friendly to the tiny black insects, is it, which are, let's face it, part of the environment you seek to be friendly to.

Comment

Spray them wth soapy water

Comment

I recycle the shower water and use that on the plants, keeps them all at bay :-)

Comment

What a good idea ... recycling shower water. My trees are a bit high for me to spray at the curley leaves on branches. Decided to cut some branches down and spray at the trunk. It stops the ant trail which has been feeding on whatever the sweet stuff those insects produce. Maybe interfering with another part of the environment?

Comment

Originally posted by Leftette View Post
                  Your right,
                  More care Leftette - you're letting the side down.

Comment

ATM, could the ants be going to eat the insects on your cherry trees? I know ants eat aphids for instance.

Also, cherry trees can be heavily pruned and come away well. We did this around my parents bach, cut them off about a meter above the ground a year ago, and now they're all really bushy!

Last thing: Cherry trees are now considered to be weeds. They've spread into the wild in such numbers, they're a pest now.
                    Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                      They've spread into the wild in such numbers, they're a pest now.
                      You could say that about humans Daveo
                      www.3888444.co.nz
                      Facebook Page

Comment

I find I have hardly any spare time!

So I actively try to avoid getting too busy. I don't believe in goal setting, or that ambition is a good thing - any more - I used to. But those kinds of things just make me unhappy and too driven these days, so I just try to take each day as it comes.

I read something by Brene Brown: "Sometimes we confuse an ordinary life with a wasted life." I agree with this a lot. My new intention, if anything, is to live an ordinary life and be happy and content to do so.
                        Absolutely. I hate all this goal setting stuff preached by silky voiced experts with soft hands.
                        I just got a text in from a tenant who is not my most loved one. She is a slob and I doubt anyone of any substance loves her.
                        "So you will still be my landlord. Yay cool."
                        To be loved by the lovely people is nice. To be loved by the unlovable is special.
                        That is my goal. There is not a straight line to that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                          There is not a straight line to that position.
                          There was a crooked man and he managed a crooked house
                          And in that crooked house he had a crooked little tenant . . .
                          Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

Travelling in a straight line is the quickest way to get from A to B.
                            Travelling a winding road you see some wonderful sights and meet all sorts of people.
                            So many of us are all in a terrible hurry and miss so much of the good things in life.
                            Stop and smell the roses and the sewage dumps. That way you might begin to tell good from bad.
                            When you eventually get there you will have sweat on your brow and will not need to spend ages at the Gym wearing off all that good food we have eaten.
                            A slow traveller can stop to help others along the way.
                            How many racing car drivers have you seen stop to help a lady change a tire.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                              How many racing car drivers have you seen stop to help a lady change a tire.
                              I don't stop to ask them so I don't know.
                              The lady is being helped - I move on.

Comment

I find I have hardly any spare time!

You know how you look forward to the weekend, and all the things you will do? Like maybe a bit of DIY, maybe go to the beach, spend time with the kids, maybe catch up with some friends, do the shopping and so on?

And then the weekend comes and goes and you only got half of what you wanted to do done? It's like this, but all the time.

So I actively try to avoid getting too busy. I don't believe in goal setting, or that ambition is a good thing - any more - I used to. But those kinds of things just make me unhappy and too driven these days, so I just try to take each day as it comes.

I read something by Brene Brown: "Sometimes we confuse an ordinary life with a wasted life." I agree with this a lot. My new intention, if anything, is to live an ordinary life and be happy and content to do so.
                                wise words davo-(or should i say Brene)

Comment

Working...
                                X