Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Propertytrader View Post
    And if i can go intest only, that would be great,
    Are you saying that, being the property guru you profess to be, that you haven't thought of this already?

Comment

can you please advise of any banks that are offering interest only loans.
      Just about any bank for the right deal.
      I use Westpac and ANZ and have IO with both for years now.

Though many suggest that going IO is a bad idea because you never pay down debt I reduce the RC continuously so pay down the debt that way - my choice as I am able rather than 'forced' via P&I.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
        Are you saying that, being the property guru you profess to be, that you haven't thought of this already?
        Wayne, thanks for that, yes i have thought about IO loans, but the problems is some banks dont want to do it.

so yes i will be ringing westpac and ANZ later on, i belive new banks like the cooperative and kiwi bank, dont know much about IO loans,so i have to switch accounts.

Comment

i belive new banks like the cooperative and kiwi bank, dont know much about IO loans,so i have to switch accounts.
          I think they would know all about IO loans - they aren't exactly learning as they go you know.
          Maybe you are just not in their target market or are just too risky for them?

Comment

• Wayne, they may know, but certain other banks offer better deals than kiwi bank.

I have spoken to bnz and they have offered me a total money account, and is suitable to off set my unsed money,and can use it when i need too.

Comment

• Originally posted by wayne View Post
              are you saying that, being the property guru you profess to be, that you haven't thought of this already?
              hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ha

Comment

I think I will highlight the requests which show no returning help.

Tell me Propertytrader; What experience do you have in investing in property?
                www.3888444.co.nz
                Facebook Page

Comment

Well said Iwik,

I will be getting a few 100k this year to make my 2015 goal a reality.

And if i can go intest only, that would be great, I have rung Kiwi bank,but they said they are a conservative bank and dont like my ideas,so your help is really appreciated

thanks
                  Kiwibank to conservative - conservative bank-its in their name.

I'm with Westpac - usually you need equity to go interest only.

Table mortgages are a complete rip off with the first 15 years of a 20 year loan mostly interest.

No need to pay any off an interest only loan - let the magic of time turn it into "A joke
                  of a loan amount"

Would you be interested in paying for advice, have a mentor if I set up a "property guru"
                  website ?

Comment

lolz Kane.i havent read that book,who is the author?
                    I guess it really doesn't matter who wrote it - those sorts of books are bashed out in large volumes for the newbie, want-to-be-rich-quick fellas. Most of the authors end up bankrupt or in jail for fraud or both.
                    There was a fat fellow in Auckland who set up Richmastery who wrote many such books.
                    Last I heard, he had fled the country after failing to pay his bills. Would you like to be ''rich'' like him?

Comment

• Funny story Bob he apparently lost his final appeal for PR recently and is now slumming it in Latin America somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by iwik View Post
                        Table mortgages are a complete rip off with the first 15 years of a 20 year loan mostly interest.
                        Not a rip off - they are what they are.
                        Pay a 'table' amount regularly and pay off the mortage by the end of the term.

Comment

• No matter how they are structured they simply cost a lot. Best thing I ever learned from a broker was overpay the principal even by $50 a week makes a huge difference over time to total interest. Assuming you aren't so leveraged you can't find 50 bucks a loan extra to pay :-)

Comment

• Originally posted by Damap View Post
                            No matter how they are structured they simply cost a lot. Best thing I ever learned from a broker was overpay the principal even by $50 a week makes a huge difference over time to total interest. Assuming you aren't so leveraged you can't find 50 bucks a loan extra to pay :-)
                            Hi
                            So how do you do that?
                            Which sort of loan o you have ? P&I floating?
                            Richard

Comment

• Originally posted by richard56 View Post
                              So how do you do that?
                              Take out a normal 25 year P & I mortgage.
                              Have the bank calculate the repayments based on a shorter term (eg. 17 yrs)
                              Pay that amount.
                              If subsequently you encounter a cashflow problem, just revert back to the standard repayment amount.

Comment

• Most loans, (I think all banks but not certain), allow you to pay up to 5% per annum above the required loan payment. On one of mine I pay $100 weekly on a 5 year fixed P and I loan.
                                The banks systems all calculate outstanding balances and interest automatically so you immediately start reducing your interest. On one 400K loan I save 114K and 5 years :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X