Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of creating a storage facility on my land but not sure how to go about it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of creating a storage facility on my land but not sure how to go about it

Our property is in the Waikato district just south of Bombay and we have just about a 1/4 acre block. In fact we are 'business zone' with residential overlay rules in the Council's words.

There is room for a large shed which could be structured to house eg household furniture - perhaps for 4 or 5 users. This could provide additional income for this rental investment. I believe there is enough demand for this sort of storage.

Before putting a proposal to the Council I am wondering whether it is a good idea in terms of the long term appeal of the property: would it ruin the street appeal of the house? The income for the property would obviously be improved. Just not sure about the long term consequences

Welcome to PropertyTalk macca888.

I know someone who has just rented out a room for storage - obviously it's a lot less rent than having a tenant (flat mate) but it's a lot less hassle too. It's quite expensive to store your stuff nowadays so maybe it's worth considering macca888 - also you might be better off with a shipping container - rather than a shed.

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
    X