Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Auckland Mayor Election - Don't vote for Len Brown!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Auckland Mayor Election - Don't vote for Len Brown!

If you want to keep your rates down.

You know what to do next Auckland Mayor Election

Are you saying that John Banks' equivalent will drop rates down? hahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Sounds a bit naive to me - the rates will always go up irrespective of who is the 'figurehead' and this applies to all areas not just Auckland.

Cheers,

Donna
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Still, I would get a decent level of schadenfreude to see Brown get a severe kicking at the polls.

Comment

I would like to see Rodney Hide as mayor. He talks the talk and set up the system. Lets see him eat his own pudding. (And that is a mixed metaphor too far, but you get the picture).

I do believe that he would put ratepayers first though.

Comment

The Polys, who nearly all rent and therefore do not care about rates like Len, he will get back in.

Comment

Well I wouldn't put it in quite that way Damap, but it's certainly the case, I reckon, that they've shifted rates from residential to the business sector (how many of his voters run businesses or own commercial/industrial buildings?).

Our residential rates have gone up the max 10%, my commercial property rates have gone up over 11% ($1150 per annum) and water costs will increase a lot too.

What for? That's what I want to know.
              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Fund the train set.

Comment

What I meant Davo is that there is a high % of not rate paying voters who do not understand the relationship between the landlords rate bill and their rent amount. They will vote for who they like regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLiberalLeft View Post
                    Are you saying that John Banks' equivalent will drop rates down? hahahahahahahahaha
                    who ever increase council debt and rates like this should be voted off.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                      Sounds a bit naive to me - the rates will always go up irrespective of who is the 'figurehead' and this applies to all areas not just Auckland.

Cheers,

Donna
                      better than doing nothing other than increasing our tenants rents.

we should have protests like what Maoris do on Queen St.

Comment

I'm not disagreeing with you NovInvestor. I'm just saying the same as #3.

Comment

ok im putting this to my to do list for Jan 2013:

Raise $20/wk for all my rents!

Comment

"like what Maoris do on Queen St".

post of the day

Comment

Originally posted by Damap View Post
                              What I meant Davo is that there is a high % of not rate paying voters who do not understand the relationship between the landlords rate bill and their rent amount. They will vote for who they like regardless.
                              Oh yes I totally agree.

They just think the landlord is being greedy, getting rich etc.

I've put each of my rents up by $30 to $40 per week in the last 18 months but I'm no richer.

TLL, I'd love to see a rates revolt. Trouble is some people's rates are going down. And there's simply not enough commercial/industrial ratepayers to make a big difference. Maybe when the water bills start coming in, there'll be a bit more incentive.
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                              X