• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speights boy
    replied
    Full of screaming kids........shudder

Kids' flying fox irks residents at Stonefields
    The days of children screaming in delight as they whiz along a flying fox might be numbered at one Auckland housing development.

Signs are about to be put up and a noise assessment is under way after complaints about children making too much noise at the new playground next to the Stonefields estate.

Residents there are upset about an adventure kids' park which opened in front of their houses a few weeks ago.
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11364374

Leave a comment:

• eri
    replied
    hobsonville is nice

hard to imagine we will see many

if any

better developments

in better locations in auckland

Leave a comment:

• drelly
    replied
    I was down visiting Stonefields yesterday and it's a really interesting development. Prices are still going up there and it's a very pleasant place with some shops and services popping up. However, I have to agree with the "ghetto" comments. The terraced housing is a modern copy of early 1900's terraced housing in the UK but to a lower standard. It will take 20+ years but I see it ending up as a very run-down neighbourhood. And why the hell did they paint the brick?

Leave a comment:

• Davo36
    replied
    Article on Stonefields re $7.5 mill water recycling plant that is no good: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11231140

Leave a comment:

• Davo36
    replied
    Originally posted by MaxM View Post
    What are your thoughts on Hobsonville Point?
    No idea mate, sorry.

Leave a comment:

• MaxM
    replied
    Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
    Not me, I said they would go up heaps. Ahem.
    What are your thoughts on Hobsonville Point?

Leave a comment:

• Davo36
    replied
    Not me, I said they would go up heaps. Ahem.

Leave a comment:

• JABlog
    replied
    SO I am guessing all the pundits here were mostly wrong?

Leave a comment:

• Davo36
    replied
    $450k gain in 2 years is not to be sneezed at

Leave a comment:

• MaxM
    replied
    Remembered to check out the forum and thought I'll bring this topic up.

So parents bought a house here for $950k less than 2 years ago. Last month exactly the same house was sold for $1,350. Looks like the demand for the area is much higher than the supply.

Leave a comment:

• bennydog
    replied
    I too was dubious about looking at Stonefields, however, we have been house hunting for nearly 12 months, attending Open Homes and Auctions which have become exhausting. Over the last 6 months, houses in Central Auckland have been going on average $150,000.00 over CV with the last auction we attended last week in Mount Albert for an old wooden house, 3 beds, 100 m2, no garage next to a main road selling for $865,000.00. Its CV was $710,000.00!

So we decided as a last resort to check out Stonefields, yes, its a new development, however the lay out is good, the houses are large, and we bought the last terrace house released in this phase, with people waiting behind us to buy.

The next phase is ready to be released which are already being built, the cost of the next phase is expected to be higher that what we have bought, therefore, we have already made a profit before we even move in.

This is not a quick turnaround purchase and you have to compromise on your wish list, yes being nearer to town would be ideal, however its 8-9 km from the CBD, Point Chevalier is 8 km from the CBD.

These house's are selling, and there is only a limited amount of houses being built, two of the apartment blocks are now not being built, instead more terraced housing is being built in their place because the demand is high, the retail area within the development is now being built.

You should look at business moving into the area for signs of development. New World Stonefields has just opened on Lunn Ave which is a high end Supermarket compared to Pak and Save, Farros on Lunn Ave and with a Medical Centre proposed as well.

As for Public Transport, yes the trains station being nearer would help, however the 635 bus comes into the development with only 30 mins in rush hour into Broadway Newmarket at $3.40 (cheaper with HOP) isn't too bad

Basically, we would be hard pushed to buy 215 m2 for less than $800,000.00 in the inner city subs

Looking forward to arriving in Stonefields shortly with the Next Wave of new arrivals!

Leave a comment:

• Davo36
    replied
    Lol, really? There's a layer of fog in there? I wouldn't have thought of that!

Leave a comment:

• homesmart
    replied
    It doesn't look to nice when you drive past in the winter and can't see any of the houses in there because of the layer of fog trapped in there. Damp.

Leave a comment:

• JABlog
    replied
    Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
    Hmm the council won't be happy. Everyone has to live in an apartment. No single houses, they take up too much room and defile the planet.
    They wouldn't but then its Fletchers and they have very deep pockets to influence.

Leave a comment:

• eri
    replied
    council don't listen to "market signals"

unless voters are very clear about what they are voting for

Theodorus Jacobus Leonardus (dick) quax gets my vote next time

http://www.elections2010.co.nz/2010/...ates/dick-quax

Leave a comment:

Working...
X