Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Australia in the grip of unemployment crisis as jobs set to be slashed after Christma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australia in the grip of unemployment crisis as jobs set to be slashed after Christma

Australia in the grip of unemployment crisis as jobs set to be slashed after Christmas

Up to 100,000 jobs are set to be slashed in the months after Christmas. Picture: Supplied

AUSTRALIA is on the brink of an unemployment catastrophe, with up to 100,000 jobs set to be slashed in the months after Christmas.

Read more at
    http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/a...-1226228067825
    Last edited by muppet; 22-12-2011, 01:00 PM.
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Then on this side of the Tasman we get this
    1000 leave for Australia every week

5:30 AM Thursday Dec 22, 2011

Expand
    Thousands of Kiwis are heading to Australia each week. Photo / Thinkstock

The Kiwi exodus to Australia has hit another all-time high of almost 1000 people a week, depopulating the equivalent of Gisborne or Invercargill in the past year.
    Just over 1.1 per cent of New Zealanders, or 50,115 people, made the one-way trip on a permanent or long-term basis in the year to last month - breaching the 50,000 barrier for the first time.
    Only 14,357, mostly NZ citizens, made the reverse trip, pushing the net outflow up to 35,758 - also a record.
    Read more inn the Granny
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10774769
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

It's true...

Yep, I'm afraid that a significant number of the 1,000 kiwis a week flooding over to Aus will disappointingly realise in the New Year that El Dorado's streets were only ever gold-plated. I live in Aus. The average Aussie still believes they have a sense of entitlement in the lucky country - others are starting to feel a little concern though. Public Service jobs are pretty much toast in Vic and NSW and soon Qld.
      Being such a 'traditional' society, it's amazing the number of Aus women that I work with who acknowledge that while they may well lose their own jobs, 'hubby will always be safe' or 'it'll never happen to hubby.' Time will tell I guess.

Comment

Working...
      X