Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Apartments For Akld - the rise of another Blue Chip Co?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Apartments For Akld - the rise of another Blue Chip Co?

Many Auckland suburbs will become home to high-rise apartment blocks with the quarter acre (1000sq m) dream reserved for the privileged few, according to a leading real estate agency.

Kingsland, Ellerslie and Mairangi Bay have been earmarked by Bayleys Real Estate as likely spots for more apartment developments to ease housing pressure for Auckland.
    Source

I find the news a little disturbing...I am sure there's more smaller 'Blue Chip's out there just biting at the bit to jump on the unsuspecting... we will need to keep vigilant and get the word out fast if a dodgy operator thinks the dust has settled and all is forgotten.

Cheers,

Donna
    SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

the council can say they want them for the future

but assuming council stick to their new standards, a nice 3bed with car park will probably cost almost $500,000...

what developer is going to risk building 20 of those when there is no demand from the public for a half million dollar apartment in suburbia?

what bank is going to lend developers money?

if council want those new higher standards, they may have to be the first to build these unwanted behemoths

then give them to people on the list for emergency housing

but they are doing the right thing by allowing for the possibility in their planning
    Last edited by eri; 09-05-2011, 04:46 PM.
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

Don't forget Orewa's highrise vision. The Surfer's Paradise of NZ.

Comment

Pros & Cons of Different Locations & Types of PPORs

A few points with no cohesion at all:

The 1/4 acre dream is pretty much dead in Auckland. Anything that big has been subdivided if possible.

There will always be suckers and those that take advantage of them. It was Bryers, recently it was Whimp and his low ball share offers.

I dont see any reason not to have more apartments. I loved it went I lived in one. Currently in a full size house (land only 888 though) as different stage of my life but will probably move back into an apartment in 20 years time.

Comment

Yeah apartments are working for singles who want to be near work/party bars etc and also the older crowd who want the security, close to amenities etc. It's the older crowd who will get the split level 3 bed, car park small outside space style apartments - so they can accomodate the family etc and still have the dog (be it a toy dog).

Cheers,

Donna
          Last edited by donna; 10-05-2011, 01:16 PM.
          SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
          X