No announcement yet.

Credit card surcharge net widens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Bookings made with a mix of Airpoints Dollars and Credit/Debit card are not charged a CPF.
    From memory you cant split a fare between the two so this will only apply where you are purchasing 2 or more tickets, at least one of which is paid for by airpoints - can anyone confirm.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
      From memory you cant split a fare between the two so this will only apply where you are purchasing 2 or more tickets, at least one of which is paid for by airpoints - can anyone confirm.
      This also happens when you have taxes to pay, the fare is paid using airpoints and the taxes by credit card.

Comment

Originally posted by graemeh View Post
        They are quite happy with direct credit payments, they use a system called POLI that ensures the right reference numbers are in the right places.
        https://airnz.custhelp.com/app/answe...2417/related/1
        Well that seems the best way to go.......I am half surprised and half not. The half that is not is working on the assumption that they are required by NZ monetary law to provide such an option.
        The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

Of course, AirNZ operate in a largely non-competitive
          environment, when it comes to secondary routes.
          So the former posit regarding competitive forces
          (in this thread) doesn't apply.
          Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

What a load of rot about AirNZ adding credit card fees. It's a blatant move to increase prices. Or are they saying that they hadn't factored credit card fees into their prices before now? Yeah Right!
            You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
              What a load of rot about AirNZ adding credit card fees. It's a blatant move to increase prices. Or are they saying that they hadn't factored credit card fees into their prices before now? Yeah Right!
              not sure I agree. If they had given discounts for not paying by credit card (ie. if you use a cheaper option for them such as airpoints) would that be ok?

My only real query is does CC actually cost that much more than say going in and paying cash to a paid staff member or is it just the form of payment they know people will use regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
                They're also putting up prices too. It was announced yesterday but don't expect the lazy journalists to report it for a few days or weeks. They took days to report the credit charge fees.

Domestic up 2%
                Australia $19-$39 per one way journey
                Pacific Islands $10

Increase applies from 3 December and not all fares will change.
                Last edited by graemeh; 01-12-2010, 09:20 AM.

Comment

POLi only works for XP and Vista. Using Mac or Linux? Tough sh*t.

Comment

Originally posted by Austrokiwi View Post
                    You got my point exactly I suspect they might refuse online cash sales........their problem is a refusal to accept a bank transfer would be a breach of New Zealand monetary law ( as regards legal tender ;which is the only acceptable form of payment unless both parties agree otherwise)
                    Being the victim of the IRD relating to custodial/liable parent issues I was informed that I needed to pay by direct credit/bank transfer etc. Cash was no longer acceptable. I contacted the Reserve Bank for clarification. It seems that their ruling is:

If the contract initially says cash is not acceptable, then it's not.

This is why I have automatic payment required for rent payments written on my TA's
                    www.3888444.co.nz
                    Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                    X