Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Marketing Consultants - suddenly there are so many....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whitt, that's because most people are just wanting to ease their conscience, not actually achieve their goals. The book on the shelf is a constant reminder they took action without actually achieving anything. For some people that is enough :-)

Comment

• There be dragons

Originally posted by Dean Letfus View Post
      ........As to what I'm doing, my primary interest is in traffic trading and developing my own web sites.
      As I said it's like property trading only no houses :-)

Careful where you tread there, my sweet gentle pooomba.

Just for laughs... (i'm currently the lord high commander and have minnions rushing to do my bidding and thus have plenty of spare time on my hands at the moment)..... I along the the assistance of some friends am building a traffic exchange affliate marketing mega clicker ..... it is already clever enough to appear to generate legit click through traffic.

This is being done by me ....a dummy with some spare time .....and a couple of german evil geniuses who are prepared to play silly games with me........ so it can and just about certainly (the germans will confirm soon if it has already been done) has been done. Making the traffic trading area somewhere to be very careful.

This is not a crack at the training that you're getting.......just a warning to be careful.

TPR2 .......the mega clicker can not be used for good.....I'll happily sell you a copy when it's finished (a cold pint and a hot pie sounds about right) ..... BUT it's actual use would with 99.9999999% certainty will be illegal any country with sensible internet laws.

I figure it'll be done in 10 days.

Cheers
      Spaceman

Comment

• I've talked the geekversity guys into coming next weekend doing their full 2day event again.
        Last edited by Perry; 19-06-2009, 11:02 PM. Reason: Moderation: Post with advert moved to Caveat Emptor

Comment

• "There's GOLD in them thar hills ..." part II

Hi All,

Went to a 2 day seminar on the weekend regarding SEO and how to make money online. It was a free event, and had some useful tips about SEO. However, one of the main purpose of of the event was making money online: namely affiliate marketing, domaining and traffic trading. ...
          Not sure about the terminology, but I think "traffic trading" might have something to do with buying ad spaces at lower cost and sell it for higher. Well, here is a scenario. All figures are made up.

1). Go to Google, and buy CPC ads from AdWords for keyword "camera" for $2 eCPM.
          2). Now, instead of putting the out-going link to your own website, put Amazon's affiliation link there so a visitor clicked on your ads will go to Amazon's camera catalogues. And Amazon effectively pays you $4 eCPM.
          3). ...
          4). PROFIT!

In this scenario, you don't even need to have a website. All you have done is buying traffic from a lower cost source, and sell it to those who are paying you more. Once it has been set up properly, you can then sit on the beach or laugh all the way to the bank

Yes I know in reality it is much more difficult. First of all I think there are already a lot of people doing this kind of dodgy business, and competition drives up the buy price. Google (and many big ad network) has been cracking down on these. Amazon won't let you buy ads with their name on it either. The traffic sources kept on changing so you might end up spending most of your time investigating and doing research on keywords and ad networks — which might pay you less $/hour than a regular job...

I guess those who know the source of cheap traffic and where to sell them for more $$$ can really make good money out from it, but they are the ones least likely to tell you how — just to reduce the competition..
          Source: this page -- which is worth reading... http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum....cfm?t=1199329
          Last edited by Marc; 20-06-2009, 11:20 AM.
          Peter Aranyi
          Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

Comment

• Originally posted by whitt View Post
            Very funny HermanZ

Although I assume you never paid that but instead you managed to work a business deal or discount. These types of high ticket items as you say are just like property, and as such you should be able to negotiate.
            The lack of answer and fudging of the issue proves the lack of payment and counter deal etc, which is fair enough, I just wish people would be more upfront about these things and stop trying to hide whats really happening it just makes them look bad and a course which might potentially have some benefit appear shonky.

Comment

• Originally posted by WBuffett View Post
              The lack of answer and fudging of the issue proves the lack of payment and counter deal etc, which is fair enough, I just wish people would be more upfront about these things and stop trying to hide whats really happening it just makes them look bad and a course which might potentially have some benefit appear shonky.
              It may be simpler than that, WB.
              To be fair to Dean, in the past he eventually answered a question about his sales commissions when asked directly. For instance this interchange re the Storage Zone "commercial investment" promotion he ran late last year through his Massive Action property sales operation:

Originally posted by waxhead
              poooba
              Are you marketing these for the developers or have you bought them off the plan and trying to onsell them before you have to pay?
              Originally posted by Dean Letfus
              I'm marketing them with the developers. I bought some myself and thing they are outstanding. Not onselling or double settling or anything like that.
              Originally posted by Davo36
              Poomba, you must be getting paid some sort of commission to recommend these to other buyers.
              Are you happy to state what your arrangements are?
              I suggest this since we've seen how financial planners can be coerced to sell bad financial products (e.g. BridgeCorp) by receiving commissions. So now they recommend you ask your financial planner what fees they receive for selling a particular investment. - David
              Originally posted by Dean Letfus
              Hi Dave. All developers have an s&m and disposal budget in a development that is typically 3 or 4% agents fees and a % or fixed dollar amount for marketing.
              We get paid a nominal fee for settled sales out of the marketing budget.
              Out of that we are paying the deposit bond fee and broker consultancy fees for the purchaser.
              So it won't make me rich but it's good exposure to new people for Massive Action and is just a great project.
              Seems pretty straightforward: commission sales by the look of it. (Has anyone heard if the development is actually going ahead?)

I wonder if a similar arrangement was in place for Sponge Bay section sales?? -- If so, it may make the students/buyers actually settling an issue for Dean/Massive Action. Maybe time to set out for fresh fields ...

It'll be interesting to see if anyone will ask him the same questions about his deal with the Geekversity guys.

As Whitt pointed out, others are promoting free places to the Geeks ... from my dealings with EmpowerNet boss Michael Burnett over the years, that will almost certainly be a commercial arrangement (affillate payments downstream, I would say.)

You may have to ask a couple of times ...
              Last edited by PeterEmpowerEd; 20-06-2009, 01:40 AM.
              Peter Aranyi

Comment

• You might need to get glasses Peter. The event is free, hard to get paid for that. I refer you to my earlier observation.
                Last edited by Perry; 20-06-2009, 02:14 PM. Reason: Moderation

Comment

• Good morning anonymous Slapper. A couple of thoughts in response ...

Originally posted by Slapper
                  I have often heard him be complimentary of you and Empower ...
                  (1) You know, now that you mention it (twice) anonymous Slapper, I was at a small event where Dean was speaking last year (I was in the audience. It wasn’t the first time I’d heard him speak) and my companion and I were both struck by him repeatedly referring to me and Empower Education (and Olly Newland, come to think of it), just as you say.

Reflecting on it following your comments anonymous Slapper, I think now those references were probably part of his sales pitch -- rapport-building, trying to portray an air of collegiality, you know...
                  ‘Oh look he's obviously pretty friendly with Peter. Peter’s been around a long time and some of us know his values (worked with good people like Robert Kiyosaki, Dolf de Roos, Olly Newland, John Burley, Martin Hawes, Mark Withers, Tony Steindle, Harry Mills, Andrew King, etc etc. long-time member & supports APIA, speaks his mind etc). We know how careful Peter is to guard his and Empower's reputation for probity...'
                  (OK, so maybe they don’t think that word probity -- who uses it these days? -- but you get where I’m coming from.)

Even though I’ve never done business with Dean Letfus, the way he came across that night I heard him, you’d be forgiven for thinking perhaps we had done or could do ... or that we were ‘peers’ who shared much in common. (Not that we don’t. We may do. There are just some FUNDAMENTAL and important differences between our businesses and how we operate.)

In my personal view and observation, Dean Letfus is such a skilled salesman he could find a way to name-drop or imply a positive relationship with anyone if he thought it would enhance his own reputation and increase his and Massive Action property’s chances of ultimately making a sale.

Does this sound harsh? Yes it does, anonymous Slapper, but I find your evidence persuasive.

(2) For you, anonymous Slapper, to have "often heard him be complimentary” of me and Empower suggests to me that I’m right in reading you to suggest that something in the spirit of ‘I was talking to my friend Peter from Empower Education’ possibly WAS part of his sales spiel ...

(3) And for you to have heard this sales pitch so “often”, anonymous Slapper, makes it seem likely that you are an employee/colleague or in a relationship with Dean, Massive Action property sales or another associated business.

Why not come clean and declare your association? (I think that's the true purpose of rule 2(b) whether the Moderators actually enforce it or not.)

In case you missed it, anonymous Slapper, please see my post in the “God told me to stay silent” thread. [Warning: reading may induce a perception of "scripture twisting" in some people.]
                  Originally posted by PeterEmpowerEd View Post
                  The poster went on to broadly denigrate my humble contribution to PT (“your posts do nothing to educate or add to this forum”) and announce he/she would from now on boycott my business Empower Education because of my “behaviour”.
                  ... what anonymous Slapper was really saying was: “Shut up! Stop saying what you're saying.”
                  Till next time, Peter
                  Last edited by PeterEmpowerEd; 20-06-2009, 08:52 AM. Reason: clarified a point
                  Peter Aranyi

Comment

• Isn't it funny...

Am I the only one that finds it funny how all the property guru/eductors jump on the same band wagon at the same time?

I'm talking about the likes of Richmastery/Massive Action who are now promoting Internet Marketing as a cashflow alternative for investors.

Don't get me wrong, they are entitled to promote whatever they want, however, to me they are off their core topic upon which they built there expertise and trust, ie Property investing.

I have been learning and applying internet marketing/affiliate marketing techniques for 2 years and know like most things, its not a get rich quick scheme. In fact quite the opposite, especially affiliate marketing where the more I learn and apply, the more I realise 95% of the money is made by 5% of the people.

So when I see Property educators promoting courses on how "you can get a website up in under 30 minutes and start making money" I tend to be sceptical!

However, there are people making good money from internet marketing but like the property experts tell us "learn from those that are actually doing it"!!

For me personally, I have more respect for the property educators that "stick to their knitting" rather than jumping on the band wagon and emailing me to sell the next big thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slapper View Post
                      You might need to get glasses Peter. The event is free, hard to get paid for that.
                      Read the rest of the post first Slapper.

Normally businesses such as these which advertise free or low price events to there databases use what is called affiliate marketing.
                      People are sent to a website by using a specially coded link and cookies. This marks the users PC or sign up as point of origin. So any further downstream sale commissions can be paid to the appropriate affiliated.
                      In this case the Geeks are downstream/ up selling a 10-20K product.

Another option as already discussed in previous posts is that many businesses come to an agreement. Eg you promote our xxx product to your several thousands member database and we will give yourself xx% off or free xxx product etc.

These sorts of things are common practice and nothing wrong. The danger is when people start promoting them in a reckless manner for financial gains. Some products such as property etc I fell they possible should disclose.

So as I mentioned Slapper there is more to internet marketting than it seems & Peter has 20/20 vision on this one.

Comment

• Very interesting developments in this thread. Geez I am learning so much!

I knew about this:

People are sent to a website by using a specially coded link and cookies. This marks the users PC or sign up as point of origin. So any further downstream sale commissions can be paid to the appropriate affiliated.
                        But the traffic trading explanation was a real eye opener.

Of course the curve has now moved from 'innovators' to early adopters and these people know the 'cat's out of the bag' and the real money has already been made due to the crack down on these systems so the best way to make money is to 'teach' the 'early majority' how to do it (traffic trading). The $$ made by the early adopters is from the 'bums on seats'.

Dear I say it this is where I think Richmastery played (so to speak) IMHO. They taught the 'early majority' and then possibly the 'late majority' property investment strategies that had been tried by the innovators and exhausted by the early adopters so when you can no longer do - you teach to a volume group that believe the strategy is a 'new secret' - it is however an old trick.

The innovators have of course moved onto the next new thing - where they will make their $$ then reveal it to the 'early adopters' who do 'okay' with it but trully realise the potential to 'sell' or 'teach' it to the volume group of the 'early majority'.

Cheers,

Donna
                        SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Donna's on to it yes.

Rm either intentionally or not followed this pattern to some degree.

It can be recreated into most niche markets.
                          Trick is moving ahead of the curve into the next stream before the public do.

Comment

• I was told that if you are going to plug items to your database then care needs to be taken.
                            Build a rapport with them first then try to offer items that are similar to your core. Eg health, finance, sex etc
                            Now next part is tricky. If you have a mega database over 100,000 you can spam/hammer them if you like since it is likely your D'base is growing faster than you will loose.
                            Otherwise offer tips and value most the time with the occasional sell. Eg one in 5 emails sell product.

There is many methods to achieve same results and each guru has there own methods.

Comment

• I would think Whitt is right. There is an easy way to resolve it in any event. Dean, do you receive a financial benefit for people you refer attending the free event? Do you receive a financial benefit if people you refer make a purchase at the event (or after)?

Slapper, I find the style of Peter's posts annoying as well, particularly the contant references back to prior topics. They do occasionally make me wonder if Peter is going a bit too far. (Although I do have to admit sometime they make me laugh because with all the red text and links they end up looking a RM or affliate marketing page themselves ).

However, he has revealed (or other posters have revealed in topics he started) things about Dean that do not sit right with me, and which I am therefore thankful to know.

You will of course have your own opinion regarding those things, but so long as Peter's threads continue to provide useful material on which people can base their own decisions, I give him the benefit of the doubt in terms of his intentions in starting those threads, no matter his writing style. (If I were to screen posts on internet forums by writing style I would end up reading very little).

Originally posted by donna View Post
                              But the traffic trading explanation was a real eye opener.
                              It is no where near as easy as it sounds in theory, not anymore anyway (as you have quite accurately already alluded to).

To be honest, traffic trading is probably one of the least of the various evils referred to in this thread. It is a breach of the CPC providers terms of service though, which makes it dishonest by my definition and not something I would engage in for that reason.
                              Last edited by Xav; 20-06-2009, 11:00 PM. Reason: Removed some content that could be misconstrued

Comment

• And for you to have heard this sales pitch so “often”, anonymous Slapper, makes it seem likely that you are an employee/colleague or in a relationship with Dean, Massive Action property sales or another associated business.
                                Firstly it's no sales pitch and secondly I just read and attend events.
                                To give you just 2 examples of what I mean

http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=94265&postcount=5
                                and
                                http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/showpost.php?p=137470&postcount=13

As I have said before I have ony ever seen Massive Action be supportive of and complimentary of your company and associates. I believe this is a professional and better way to conduct a business that attacking competitors.
                                There is an old saying that says when you point your finger at somebody 3 are pointing back at you.

Comment

Working...
                                X