Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Internet Marketing Consultants - suddenly there are so many....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by donna View Post
    Yep, they (these Internet Marketing Consultants/Gurus) are impressive communicators that talk it up well (due to being good sales people) ...
    ...even if you don't really understand the sh*% - at the very least you can attempt to get your workshop attendance fee back by spreading the word - spamming your databases and facebook/twitter accounts etc.

The rise of these operators is what I was referring to - and the replies in this discussion have alluded to the possible previous careers of many of these so called experts.
    Well, Donna! I have a friend who works at the UN in New York -- and they could use people with your gift for diplomacy.

Your riff here is so much more palatable than my own somewhat nakedly scathing comments about fake "experts" and snake oil salesmen using hyperbole and fluff to part the gullible from their cash.

It's a pleasure being on your wavelength about this 'new wave' of spruikers. (And yours too AndrewK, Xav.) - Peter
    Peter Aranyi
    Blog: www.ThePaepae.com

Comment

Just to clarify like any market there are genuine operators out there Yaro Starak is one that i believe to be a very ethical internet marketer.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
        Just to clarify like any market there are genuine operators out there Yaro Starak is one that i believe to be a very ethical internet marketer.
        Agreed AK. Of course.
        Usually the good guys have considerable real experience, feet on the ground, and sound business ethics.

... Also, as Marc and Terry related, they're NOT lightweights hyping, spamming, or 'promoting' vacuous affiliate links: "This is amaaazing!! Click here!"
        ... nor trying to use discussion forums, facebook and twitter as commercial 'platforms' to monetize their legend-in-their-own-lunchbox 'celebrity' 'guru' or "expert" status. - P

(I know others could say all this much more delicately. )
        Last edited by PeterEmpowerEd; 12-06-2009, 04:51 PM.
        Peter Aranyi

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Letfus View Post
          Yes he is amazing isn't he. Database of over 350K, incredible!!
          He actually has a bigger database, that's just simpleology. (think over 1 million)

He is a good friend and a damn good mentor.

He just sent me a reminder that he is back from the States on Saturday and he wants to kick my butt in the gym.

He has students with lists of over a million as well

Tellman for example has more than 1million people on his list, so does Mike Fillasaime and another friend of mine Sharon.

This link is one of Tellmans and is a service I use. (see in caveat emptor)

Yes that's my affiliate link Do his products work... Yes they do. Will they work for everyone... Only if you put in the hours and follow all the steps.

Tellmans story is very interesting and shows what can be done. The truth is though that you need to do a whole lot more than what most of the spruikers say.

Next time Tellman visits us here in Auckland (he was down a few months ago to catch up with Mark) I'll let you guys know and maybe we could get him to share a few real life tips over lunch at my place or something.
          Last edited by tpr2; 12-06-2009, 05:59 PM. Reason: removing links

Comment

p.s
            I know these guys personally so I can vouch for their businesses, (the ones I have mentioned).
            Mark even lives right here in Auckland, Tellman visits regularly because Mark is his mentor as does Mike (I've seen Mike make $200,000 US in 1 week). Sharon told me a couple of weeks ago during a phone call about a project we were working on together that her business will turn over nearly NZ50mill this year. I trust her and have no reason to doubt her figures

Are these sums of money available to us....Yes... will we achieve them...probably not.
            Why? Because most of us are not willing to put in the time or effort that is required to achieve those lofty amounts. (There are exceptions of course).

Do we need to be another Mark Joyner or Tellman Knudson? Not really. We can just be ourselves and be happy with achieving what ever goals we have for ourselves.

Comment

So if you had to break it down Terry what do you think the split is between A: knowledge and information and B: Time and persistence.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean Letfus View Post
                So if you had to break it down Terry what do you think the split is between A: knowledge and information and B: Time and persistence.
                Good question Dean

I think it was Jim Rohn who said Knowledge and Information is not the answer to becoming rich, If it were, then the university professors would be the richest people in this world.

I think he also said he has seen many an educated man homeless in the street.

In my opinion I believe persistence and work are what make up 90% of the success formula, of course you need to know what to work on though so knowledge must be a part of the equation.

When I first met Mark Joyner I took him to lunch and asked him what I should do as a web strategy to take my financial planning business onto the internet.

He told me Yellow Pages.

What??? This was not the answer I expected from the Grand Father of affiliate marketing.

Anyway 2 years later, many many lunches and dinners, gym workouts and as a guest at my wedding his advice for that business is still the same

Of course I have many other internet related investments now and Mark's Simpleology 101 product which is a freebie is still one of the best courses around for helping you to achieve more. (yes that's another affiliate link )

In fact I still use it 2 years later everyday.

I'll post the link in caveat emptor if anyone is interested.
                Last edited by tpr2; 12-06-2009, 05:58 PM. Reason: remove links

Comment

A dose of reality from someone who knows...

Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
                  p.s
                  I know these guys personally so I can vouch for their businesses ....
                  Are these sums of money available to us....Yes... will we achieve them...probably not.
                  Why? Because most of us are not willing to put in the time or effort that is required to achieve those lofty amounts. (There are exceptions of course).
                  Do we need to be another Mark Joyner or Tellman Knudson? Not really. We can just be ourselves and be happy with achieving whatever goals we have for ourselves.
                  Thanks for your excellent posts Terry. Great comments. I think you're the real deal. - P
                  Last edited by PeterEmpowerEd; 12-06-2009, 04:44 PM. Reason: fixed truncated quote from Terry
                  Peter Aranyi

Comment

Thanks Peter.

I love internet based businesses after owning so many Brick and Mortar businesses for so many years now however like any business, there is work that has to be done if you want a business that is going to be around for years to come.

I have invested more than 250k into my internet businesses so far and countless hours of hands on , late nights, early mornings , forearm numbing (1 finger typing will do that for you) and brain draining work to get to where I am now in this field. In my overall business plan....that's only 20% of the way through.

Luckily I have my bricks and mortar businesses to support me through all of that otherwise the course would have been very different.

I'm a big fan of affiliate marketing and internet related businesses as a whole however like many here it is rather tiresome seeing the constant barrage of sudden "guru's" spouting off about how you can make a fortune without doing anything, without any investment other than in my course and without any knowledge of the internet.... yeah right!

I use Mark as an example because he is a very good friend and a certified genius. (I'm sure there's a certificate somewhere that says he is )

Does Mark work 2 hours a day....not on your life. The man is a workaholic, in fact his lovely wife has to drag him from the office by his ears to get him to leave.

When he and I try and get together for lunch it is hilarious....it takes at least 5 or 6 shots to find a day when we both have time for lunch.

Comment

Naughty Terry

Terry I suggest you remove your affiliate links from your posts as they are clearly in the wrong place - aye mate!

Caveat Emptor for Selling -

Cheers,

Donna

....actually I think the mods will be removing your links as your time to edit has passed.

Please note everyone - pasting an affiliate link is clearly selling and not allowed in any forum other than the Caveat Emptor please.
                      SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

good point Donna
                        My apologies.

I will do so now and if I can't can a friendly mod take care of it for me

Comment

Originally posted by Xav View Post
                          In any event, as already stated (which you [Dean Letfus] have not addressed) really what we are discussing here are the (undisclosed) pitfalls of these schemes being advertis[ed] to the people buying into them rather than the viability of internet marketing generally.
                          Reflecting on this fast-growing and highly topical thread today, it seems to me Xav's issue remains valid and relevant.

In my view it's snake oil when a marketeer hypes the billio out of an 'opportunity' ... whether it is selling down a mate's rural subdivision with an improbable sales pitch that glosses over possible pitfalls (i.e. you might have to buy it!)
                          ... or a 'get-rich-quick' internet 'Affiliate of the year' e-book with strings attached as AndrewK highlighted:

Originally posted by AndrewK View Post
                          I don't have a problem with internet marketing. selling products for a commission isn't exactly a new concept it's just being done via new methods.

To me the biggest problems with internet marketing are the over hyped sales pitches (see Richmastery and their Tax liens) and the quality of a lot of the products.

The reality is that the people that are not using their products and whacking up links on every web 2.0 site they can to these hard sell landing pages are just the new spammers. There are tonnes of honest and very worthwhile products available that can be sold on internet marketing its just that we are constantly smacked in the face with these cheap nasty e books and get rich quick schemes that internet marketing gains a negative connotation.
                          This is what i like about internet marketing, not the being spammed via twitter from some so called property investor who has now decided to spam his followers who follow him for his property advice with this kind of crap. you hear me Dean?

if you believe in Affiliate of the year then go and market it but dont spam your massive action databases to try and make a few bucks.
                          That's right, y'all.

If Terry's thought-provoking posts convey anything, it's that there's a lot more to it than the 'I've been here 5 minutes, I am a guru' spruikers will ever let on (if they even knew).

This has nothing whatsoever to do with silly insults about aging 'Boomers', Gen X vs Gen Y, or 'fear' of the web ... as I said earlier, it's all about authenticity. - regards, Peter
                          Last edited by PeterEmpowerEd; 12-06-2009, 08:14 PM. Reason: grammar
                          Peter Aranyi

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                            This was one of the points I was making when I started this thread. Xav has kept to my train of thought of so called Internet Marketing Consultants...thanks.
                            This thread is actually in itself a very interesting example of the problems in this area. Half of us were talking about something different, but the other half didn't even realise what we were referring to was something different.

Comment

I must say Peter that I have never seen anyone behave so petulantly as you do towards Dean (and to a lesser degree Matt).

I have watched these threads unfold over some time and you seem to find it necessary to attack with no apparent genuine foundation and put multiple links to old and irrelevant posts. Dean's response is usually LINK which is in keeping with my understanding of him generally.

I have often heard him be complimentary of you and Empower inspite of your repeated online attacks.

On the basis of your behaviour here on PT I would never spend another dollar with Empower although I have in the past. Dean is one of many trying to give good quality info here and your posts do nothing to educate or add to this forum. Yes, he has stuffed things up sometimes, but I am sure you have too.

Many of your posts diminish my opinion of you rather than him. I hope you stop this very one sided war you seem to have going on and get back to being a class educator as you have been in the past.
                              Last edited by Perry; 13-06-2009, 12:10 AM. Reason: Moderation

Comment

good point xav

It's probably why the internet is such an easy place for people to spruik.... you don't even need the smoke and mirrors to create confusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X