Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IRD's Becoming more efficient!!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • IRD's Becoming more efficient!!!!!

    NOw you have to laugh at this one:

    I read online that there was 14million in unclaimed money held by IRD:

    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/2378...imed-money-IRD

    So I checked and there was an amount of just over $100.00 listed as belonging to someone with my surname and initial. Now it may not be mine but I sent of an email and proof of identity as per IRDs instructions: Well of course back came the response (I added Bolding):


    Thank you for your email.

    Due to a high volume of emails, there may be a delay of a few weeks before we are able to answer your correspondence. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

    Please be assured that your email is important to us, and we will be in touch with you as soon as possible.

    The Unclaimed Monies Team

    What a joke.............Yep my email is important to them; They probably just print all the emails off and put them in the dunny.

    Bet If I used their exact wording to explain why my Non resident tax return will be delayed( it won't be) they wouldn't be impressed!!
    The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

  • #2
    But taxpayers have legal obligations;
    the IRD's job is to be fair - you see.
    As far as I can see, all penalties of
    every type are not equal. I.e. failure
    by the taxpayer exacts a much higher
    penalty than failure by the IRD.

    Funny, that.
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

    Comment


    • #3
      The IRD have been getting worse, and they haven't even started the lay offs yet!

      Comment


      • #4
        Apart from the automatic email they sent to me being funny, there is a much more disturbing Psychology behind the message.


        In the private sector who would consider a delay of a few weeks as reasonable or even normal........( yes i know but these guys are public servants).......But take it further what sort of manager would allow a message out that portrays such a lack of professionalism and customer orientation. NO matter what the arguments IRD could give for the reasonableness of a few weeks delay it clearly shows that the Organizational culture is self motivated..............For me as an industrial Psychologist it tells me the organizations culture lacks responsibility and accountability..............How much Tax payer money is being wasted through inefficiency. It doesn't matter how short staffed they are the openness of the message clearly shows they do not believe they need to be more efficient.

        It also worries me when extrapolating the underlying attitudes into possible ethical behaviour.

        Would you trust someone; who thinks a few weeks delay is reasonable and justified, with your personal data?
        The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

        Comment


        • #5
          I find the attitude differences between the private and public sectors quite interesting.

          The one that bugs me the most is bill from most utility providers will give you a small discount if paid by the due date, whereas a a rates or tax bill will say pay by this date or you get an instant penalty.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by paulblair99 View Post
            I find the attitude differences between the private and public sectors quite interesting.

            The one that bugs me the most is bill from most utility providers will give you a small discount if paid by the due date, whereas a a rates or tax bill will say pay by this date or you get an instant penalty.
            Half full half empty. At the end of the day there is no differance. When the utilities started providing discounts for prompt payment the prices went up accordingly. Maybe the Rates one is true and the Utility just a psycological con?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Wayne View Post
              Half full half empty. At the end of the day there is no difference. When the utilities started providing discounts for prompt payment the prices went up accordingly. Maybe the Rates one is true and the Utility just a psychological con?
              Maybe it is; maybe it isn't?

              Not much different to credit card charges.
              However, I suspect that such a stance does
              miss the point. Take Telecon NZ as an example.

              They can (get away with) a late payment fee/
              penalty. Why can't PIs do that with residential
              rentals?

              Legislation, real competition and the like, eh?
              Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Perry View Post

                They can (get away with) a late payment fee/
                penalty. Why can't PIs do that with residential
                rentals?
                I like that idea: any one know why not?
                The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah - it's called the RTA.
                  Doesn't even allow incentives
                  for prompt payment. Such
                  is the nature of socialists
                  and pseudo-socialists and
                  their ill-conceived legislation.
                  Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    Maybe it is; maybe it isn't?

                    Not much different to credit card charges.
                    However, I suspect that such a stance does
                    miss the point. Take Telecon NZ as an example.

                    They can (get away with) a late payment fee/
                    penalty. Why can't PIs do that with residential
                    rentals?

                    Legislation, real competition and the like, eh?
                    Commercial property has no problems charging late fees - 10 days late 15%per annum!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                      Half full half empty. At the end of the day there is no differance. When the utilities started providing discounts for prompt payment the prices went up accordingly. Maybe the Rates one is true and the Utility just a psycological con?
                      My point was in reference to the previous post and the psycology of private vs public sector. Most people will realise that these are 2 different ways of achieving the same goal i.e. of getting the customer to pay their bills on time.

                      However one option treats you like a person and appeals to your sense of a fair deal and the other treats you like a serf.

                      Couldn't you say most marketing is a psycological con?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by paulblair99 View Post
                        My point was in reference to the previous post and the psycology of private vs public sector. Most people will realise that these are 2 different ways of achieving the same goal i.e. of getting the customer to pay their bills on time.

                        However one option treats you like a person and appeals to your sense of a fair deal and the other treats you like a serf.

                        Couldn't you say most marketing is a psycological con?
                        marketing is a psycological con - trying to make peple buy something they didn't need.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                          Marketing is a psycological con - trying to make peple buy something they didn't need.
                          Right on! And some are very, very good at it.
                          And some people are so easily conned, it's
                          not even funny.
                          Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Perry View Post
                            Right on! And some are very, very good at it.
                            And some people are so easily conned, it's
                            not even funny.
                            cruel in fact.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Austrokiwi View Post

                              What a joke.............Yep my email is important to them; They probably just print all the emails off and put them in the dunny.

                              Bet If I used their exact wording to explain why my Non resident tax return will be delayed( it won't be) they wouldn't be impressed!!
                              Hey Austro, have you dealt much with the Austrian tax office? How would they compare to the IRD?

                              Also just out of interest are Austrian taxes done within Germany by the Finanzamt? i just looked on their website but couldn't make much sense out of it as the German to English translation is quite poor.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X