Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Integrity has no price - unless it’s PropertyTalk’s??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dean Letfus View Post
    This is a paid advertisment and as such the content is not moderated or endorsed by Property Talk, its owners, employees or members.
    I would only change one word and make it "May" not be endorsed.

Steve

Comment

To expand on Dean's slightly, I would suggest something like:

"This email contains paid advertisements. The content of those advertisements is not moderated or endorsed by Property Talk, its owners, employees or members and Property Talk makes no representation as to the accuracy of any statement in the advertisements.

If you wish to advertise in a future email please contact ... for pricing information."

May as well squeeze in some free advertising for yourselves .

If you put it in red at the top of the email that would attract attention you would think.

Pete, I believe we all see your point. After all, of every cross section of society, PT members probably have the highest ratio of RM haters to everyone else.

However, that is opinion based. As much as you and I would never go to a RM event, there are people who have been and swear by it (though probably less now than prior to the fall in the market ). There is danger in passing advertisements through a filter based on Marc and Donna's opinions and only allowing those by "good" businesses. People should be free to make up their own minds.

PT must advertise to survive. If advertisements were to be filtered, PT's claim to independence would be severly compromised. That is not something I think PT or Marc and Donna should give up.

Surely you can take some comfort from the fact that, as has been said, one of the longest and most active threads on this forum concerns Richmastery's business practices. If a disclaimer is added, any suggestion of endorsement by PT is removed and the recipients of the email would presumably do what they usually do in the absence of any info re a product - check PT to see what everyone else thinks about it.

Originally posted by SuperDad View Post
      CAUTION - MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF PEANUTS OR RICHMASTERY.
      Thanks SuperDad, seeing that that was an excellent way to start the day

Originally posted by Stevegoodey View Post
      I would only change one word and make it "May" not be endorsed.
      I think "is not" is better than "may" Steve, for independence reasons.

Comment

I tried to find a way to make it "may" steve but then PT has to decide if that leaves people wondering if it is or not. PT could decide to endorse certain promotions for an additional fee and leave the disclaimer off completely, that would be a better solution.
        They could develop "approved" advertisers etc. if they wished to endorse anything.

Comment

Corrobration

Originally posted by Dean Letfus View Post
          I tried to find a way to make it "may" steve but then PT has to decide if that leaves people wondering if it is or not. PT could decide to endorse certain promotions for an additional fee and leave the disclaimer off completely, that would be a better solution.
          They could develop "approved" advertisers etc. if they wished to endorse anything.
          Dean, Matt, Peter and Steve:

PT can carry advertisements for anything they like and send emails to anyone that has opted into their list.....provided they comply with customary disclosure rules as an objective new media "publication."

The acid test is this: Has anyone corroborated the fact that one of these speculative tax lien deals in the US has:

1. Ever worked for a New Zealand domiciled investor? (check the circumstances?)
          2. On a repetitive basis?
          3. Check on the investment time to return, (velocity) or are these still in process?

If investment performed for a client, ensure:

a. it was not a wired up deal (using the school yard drug dealer giveaway model) and then take them to the veritable cleaners?
          b. they used real math versus RM math to justify the deal?
          c. that the profit has been realized and literally banked and not rolled into another deal that has tons of promise but no real exit strategy?

the great one has a long and documented history of embellishing the facts and the math.

If the great one has pulled this off successfully on a repetitive basis with a number of clients that make up a decent sample....then he is on to something and should be applauded, otherwise your skepticism is warranted.

I do not know US tax lien investors who have the sort of guaranteed returns UPON EXIT represented by these promotions. And we are paid to follow this market.

Andrew Waite
          Personal Real Estate Investor Magazine
          USA's best selling real estate investor magazine can be found on every major newsstand.

Comment

Thanks for the insight Andrew.

I would agree about the rewards from these things but based only from my humble point of view and based on a small amount of feedback from people in the industry in the US who I have contacted via social media avenues.

Maybe not the most exhaustive or accurate way of getting the lowdown however the feeling I get from talking to these people is that it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Cracked up to be? - Are you the Cracker or Crackee?

Originally posted by tpr2 View Post
              Thanks for the insight Andrew.

I would agree about the rewards from these things but based only from my humble point of view and based on a small amount of feedback from people in the industry in the US who I have contacted via social media avenues.

Maybe not the most exhaustive or accurate way of getting the lowdown however the feeling I get from talking to these people is that it's not all it's cracked up to be.
              Terry: Depends on where you are in the sandwich! If you sell education and tip people into services this is a great model.

If you are buying these liens it takes personal attention, wisdom, agility, connections, time and a bit of luck, not to mention chutzpah and native cunning to get real returns.

Not something I am going to expect comes easily to a geographically remote investor?

Best., Andrew Waite -Personal Real Estate Investor Magazine - USA

Comment

I disagree,

It is not the job of the source of the advertiser to qualify the advertisement to the nth degree. As a case in point I submit google adwords.

I maintain that if a punter has subscribed to the mailing list then they would also have reviewed the Richmastery thread at some point and to be fair it is very likely that they would have a view of PJ and RM and could make a decision based on that.

When the big fella got smacked for hyperbole, the medium for the advertising was not attacked, just the content.

In Australia Channel Seven has been smacked for running seminars on Wildly Wealthy Women (a similar outfit to RM and have shared speakers). The only reason that they are in trouble is that there has was a compensation paid based on the number of subscribers after the show, and there was an editorial provided by the station saying how successful it was.

Propertytalk has not endorsed the product, there is no editoral saying that it is good, bad or indifferent. Do I sue the billboard supplier because I got the nasal delivery technology but couldn't get it up????

I maintain that it is not the role of the administrators of PT to decide the verocity of the product, to invest the time in investigating each product it would become uneconomic to provide advertising.

It could be argued that even if there is a disclaimer that the mad punter would still not consider this as relevant as we have disclaimers everywhere.

My Zimbabwean 67 quadrillion dollars
                Last edited by Muffin; 01-05-2009, 05:18 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

So the nasal spray doesn't work Muffin :-)

Comment

I didn't say that

I said if it didn't I would run out into the middle of freeway yelling at the board company (mostly likely in my underpants)....

Comment

First time I saw those signs in OZ I couldn't believe it.

Comment

Now they have tv adverts, they are the most cringe worthy but funniest thing I have ever seen.

Comment

And that includes the big fella running a marathon

Comment

Grammar Giveaway?

Originally posted by Muffin View Post
                            I didn't say that

I said if it didn't I would run out into the middle of freeway yelling at the board company (mostly likely in my underpants)....
                            Is Muffin who they say they are or this another great one avatar?

"Verocity" - this is so RM or "Orbs", when she was doing the "Asian Persuasion" thing.

The Latin probably parses out to mean "fiercely credible," (even if I say so myself). And very much in character.

Best: Andrew Waite

Comment

Originally posted by Muffin View Post
                              I didn't say that

so it did work then?

Comment

I agree with Muffin - about the endorsement. This comment is no way implies that I agree or not regarding the nasal spray and should not be construded as such.

PS - I think it is veracity not verocity

Comment

Working...
                                X