X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have anything to do with this guy Roger Hamilton

Wealth guru hits NZ

By LOIS WATSON - Sunday Star Times | Sunday, 25 November 2007

Allegations of unfair conduct and misrepresentation from dozens of disgruntled clients on two continents did not stop a self-styled "wealth consultant" peddling his wares to hundreds of Kiwis across the country last week.

British-born Roger Hamilton who claims to be "Asia's leading wealth consultant" peppered his presentations with references to connections with powerful celebrities like Oprah Winfrey and former US President Bill Clinton, while trying to extract almost $12,000 a head from those attending his seminars.
    But he did not tell those at his Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch seminars last week that his XL Results Foundation is mired in controversy.
    The foundation touts itself as the largest entrepreneur network in Asia-Pacific and claims to connect more than one million entrepreneurs and business professionals worldwide.
    Life membership costs $US8900 ($11,700), an investment Hamilton, who is based in Bali, says will open doors to a wealth of opportunities.
    But it is understood more than 100 Singaporeans who paid up to $US8000 for life memberships over the past two years are receiving refunds after promised business networking opportunities allegedly failed to materialise.
    Several legal battles are under way and complaints were filed last year with Singapore's consumer protection and commercial affairs regulators by clients alleging the foundation coaching is of poor quality and the networking services intangible.
    Complaints were also filed with the Fair Trading Ministry in Australia where Hamilton, 38, has also been promoting his foundation. Those complaints were investigated but no legal breaches were uncovered.
    Hamilton denies any wrongdoing and says the allegations are spawned by a single disgruntled former employee.
    At Friday's breakfast seminar in Christchurch, attended by about 100 mainly small business owners, Hamilton continued to extol life membership benefits.
    Questioned by the Sunday Star-Times after the seminar, Hamilton said "hand on heart" there was no substance to the allegations against him and his foundation, and that he was the victim of an orchestrated smear campaign.
    In any large organisation there would be "one or two" unhappy members, but the foundation was quadrupling in size every year which suggested the majority of members found it worthwhile and believed in it. There were about 500 New Zealand members.
    Star-Times inquiries show the Commerce Commission has fielded no complaints about the foundation.

A Man Is Judged By The Company He Keeps

How does Roger Hamilton explain this:

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/HL0711/S00356.htm

And from Richmystery Business Academy Advert:

If you’re serious about business, here’s why you should be listening to our interview with Roger Hamilton:

Roger Hamilton. Roger is Asia’s leading wealth consultant and has shared his powerful wealth creation principles with thousands of people over the world.

After graduating from Trinity College, Cambridge in Architecture, Roger became a serial entrepreneur, failing many times before becoming a millionaire in his late twenties and retiring at the age of 30.

Now, in his retirement he has committed himself to a vision of World Wide Wealth: studying and teaching the concept of making money to give away.

He is Chairman of XL Group and XL Results Foundation, Asia’s largest entrepreneur network.

He is also the publisher of XL magazine, Asia’s first magazine dedicated to Social Enterprise. He is the author of the international best selling book “Wink and Grow Rich” and his new book “Wealth Dynamics” which will be released soon.

In this great interview Roger talks about “Wealth Dynamics” - what it is; how to identify your Wealth Profile and how this can help you succeed in Wealth Creation.
    OllyN [email protected]
    Independent Property Consultant
    Residential and Commercial Solutions

Comment

Here is another thread

Lots of PropertyTalkers have been to a Roger Hamilton event - the Wealth Dynamics weekend has been very popular. From a personal perspective I got a lot of the WD weekend. In fact that weekend changed the way Marc and I work (for the positive) and the results have been outstanding.

Cheers,

Donna
      SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Life membership costs $US8900 ($11,700),
        Does anyone know if this rumour is true? Some of the members were not happy and wanted there money back.

Comment

I sold my membership last year and got my $$ back plus 5% for each year I held it (2yrs).

Cheers,

Donna

There are 500 members in NZ -
          SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
            I sold my membership last year and got my $$ back plus 5% for each year I held it (2yrs).

Cheers,

Donna

There are 500 members in NZ -
            From what I have read, you were one of the lucky ones that got out with shirt in tact.

Comment

Word of mouth would have been seriously bad if Donna had not get her money back and more - knowing the powers of propertytalk!

Comment

I have several colleagues who are active members and are very happy with the value they get.

John

Comment

went to one the breakfasts.
                  Impressive watching Roger pull about $120k for a mornings work.
                  Preferred the free breakfast, very tasty indeed.
                  Also kept my hands in my pockets.
                  Best $7000 i never spent !

Hec

Comment

Roger is for real

I've been to a couple of XL events and have found property investors and other entrepreneurs that I know (and dont know so well) there also. Some have life membership, some dont. That is a personal choice based on oh so many factors of course
                    I find Roger inspiring, very funny and with integrity.
                    Tall poppy syndrome still exists not just in NZ but on the insecure side of this planet and will do as long us humans continue to live here.
                    Go along. Make up you own minds,... but see that he is living his passion and helping others do it also! And remember we ALL have FREE CHOICE!

Comment

Well said!

Originally posted by QUARTERACRE View Post
                      I've been to a couple of XL events and have found property investors and other entrepreneurs that I know (and dont know so well) there also. Some have life membership, some dont. That is a personal choice based on oh so many factors of course
                      Tall poppy syndrome still exists not just in NZ but on the insecure side of this planet and will do as long us humans continue to live here.
                      Go along. Make up you own minds,... but see that he is living his passion and helping others do it also! And remember we ALL have FREE CHOICE!
                      I agree entirely ... let people make up their own minds and do not judge until you have actually attended one of his events. Personally, I have not attended any (yet!) but do know plenty of people who have and they too have enjoyed them and found them beneficial.
                      "Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude." Thomas Jefferson

Comment

From an Xl Life Member

I agree with Donna

I directly attribute the changes (for the better) in my business with the things I have learnt from being and XL member.

I directly attribute earning twice my life membership fee this year to some stuff I learnt and applied up in Bali

On interveiwing 5 successful, respected, high profile, wealth creators in NZ property over the past few weeks for a book I am co-writing with Roger (due out early next year) they inherently understand wealth and how to create it through property. Just knowing the concepts apply will help others learn and understand.

For the inside story on the spam and related news articles that have been reported lately, go to www.resultsfoundation.co.nz. There is a picture of a keyboard with 'anti spam' written on it

Here's to MASSIVE ATTRACTION through:

Action
                        Tr-Action
                        Attr-Action
                        Last edited by BusyLizzy; 01-12-2007, 05:06 PM. Reason: fixed two typos that made one para hard to read :-)

Comment

Originally posted by QUARTERACRE View Post
                          Just remember that Roger and those like him are in it for themselves - they are in business after all! You may well get value for a cheap/free 1 day seminar - but the upsell will be intense - just beware of that. The product may not be rubbish, it may just not be worth $10k or it may not be appropriate for you. IF you can't get all the information to make an informed decision - walk, no run, away!
                          I met backpackers in Mexico who used to dress up and walk the promenade in Acapulco until they got an invite to a free meal at a fancy hotel - the invite was to get you to sign for a time-share - the joke of course was the time-share people - as a backpacker I had no money to commit :-D
                          Lis:

Helping NZ authors get their books published

Comment

Money vs wealth

It's not about the money

Comment

Originally posted by rustica View Post
                              On interveiwing 5 successful, respected, high profile, wealth creators in NZ property over the past few weeks for a book I am co-writing with Roger (due out early next year) they inherently understand wealth and how to create it through property. Just knowing the concepts apply will help others learn and understand.
                              Who were these 5 successful, respected, high profile, wealth creators ?

Comment

Working...
                              X