Electronic S&P offers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electronic S&P offers

Can offers be made electronically to agents/private buyers or do you still have to print out the sale & purchase when making offers. I want a faster way to
    make the offers.

Any ideas!

FH
    Home Buyz
    [email protected]

I create a pdf file and email it to the agent.
    Be careful you use proper wording:
    "Hey John, to save you a bit of time and hassle I will fill in a S&P agreement on a standard form (by the way - are you using version 8 or still on 7? OK, sure - I've got it) and then will email you a facsimile."
    Give it a go - it works. (especially if you use mailmerge and pdf driver)
    Don't argue with idiots, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Comment

If you dont have a pdf writer, there is a free one out there that acts like a printer - i.e. you print your document and then select the pdf writer instead of your printer, and whammo you have a pdf

It is called PrimoPDF....if you google that you should find it.
      No Regrets

Comment

Cool Thanks,

I use Apple mac at work and at home so can I get version 8 compatible for the Mac?

Should I ask a REA.

FH
        Home Buyz
        [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by FreezingHot View Post

Should I ask a REA.

FH
          What? Half of them can't handle being faxed an offer let alone you emailing one to them
          Jo Birch
          Looking for someone to manage your next project or event? Then call now!
          +61 450 148 678

Comment

True, but hey, theres always a first.
            FH
            Home Buyz
            [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by FreezingHot View Post
              Cool Thanks,

I use Apple mac at work and at home so can I get version 8 compatible for the Mac?

FH
              Patrick,

If your on OS X you can save as pdf from the print dialogue box.

If not print to disk and distil the postscript file.

You forgetting your graphic design roots already!

Cheers
              HermanZ

Comment

And don't forget to use a handwriting font so that when the agent prints it out for the vendor it doesn't look too "professional".

Comment

Originally posted by HermanZ View Post
                  Patrick,

If your on OS X you can save as pdf from the print dialogue box.

If not print to disk and distil the postscript file.

You forgetting your graphic design roots already!

Cheers
                  HermanZ
                  Yes thought of that, but does the S&P come in pdf format to start with, most of the time it is in word or some other pc application and converting the file to Mac is a nightmare, you have to install virtual PC on your mac to use word. Extra cost.

FH
                  Home Buyz
                  [email protected]

Comment

more and better advice on valuation costs

To cover yourself in all electronic exchanges involving real estate insert the following clause:

" The parties acknowledge that this agreement may be signed in two or more counterparts each of which may be a facsimilie (email) copy and which shall be deemed to be an original, but together shall constitute the same instrument and shall be binding on the parties"

By using this it removes any doubt how the deal arose and was constituted.

Olly Newland
                    Commercial Property Consultant
                    OllyN [email protected]
                    Independent Property Consultant
                    Residential and Commercial Solutions

Comment

Cool thanks Olly.

FH
                      Home Buyz
                      [email protected]

Comment

I agree Olly, however the 8th edition S&P makes fax copies legally binding automatically.

Comment

Not always the 8th edition

Poomba I have seen many deals done on all the various editions of S&P forms. There are no rules on which edition you have to use.

This is the same with ADLS commercial leases where you have the 1993 edition, 2002 edition and more. Many investors and agents prefer this or that edition or are simply using up their stock of old forms first.

Most experienced commercial investors prefer the 1993 version of the ADLS lease against the soppy and lilly-livered later versions.

Olly Newland
                          Commercial Property Consultant
                          Last edited by OllyN; 16-05-2007, 10:37 AM.
                          OllyN [email protected]
                          Independent Property Consultant
                          Residential and Commercial Solutions

Comment

That's interesting Olly as apparently there is a date set for the termination of use of 7th edition agreements. I think my solicitor advisd me of that, I'll check when I get back form CHCH and Wgtn. Commercial may be different??

Comment

Faxing S & P Agmt

Hi OllyN

Dean had already responded to your comment re faxing, but I thought I'd just cut/paste the relevant portion of Agmt S & P 8th Edition. Both emphasis is mine.

"1.2 Notices
                              (1) The following apply to all notices between the parties relevant to this agreement, whether authorised by this agreement or by the general law:
                              (2) All notices must be served in writing.
                              (3) All notices must be served by one of the following means:
                              (a) on the party as provided in section 152 of the Property Law Act 1952, or
                              (b) on the party or on the party’s solicitor:
                              (i) by personal delivery; or
                              (ii) by posting by ordinary mail; or
                              (iii) by facsimile, or by e-mail; or
                              (iv) i n the case of the party’s solicitor only, by sending by document exchange.
                              (4) In respect of the means of service specified in subclause 1.2(3)(b), a notice is deemed to have been served:
                              (a) in the case of personal delivery, when received by the party or at the solicitor’s office;
                              (b) in the case of posting by ordinary mail, on the second working day following the date of posting to the address for service notified in writing by the party or to the postal address of the solicitor’s office;
                              (c) i n the case of facsimile transmission, when sent to the facsimile number notified in writing by the party or to the facsimile number of the solicitor’s office;
                              (d) in the case of e-mail, when acknowledged by the party or by the solicitor orally or by return e-mail or otherwise in writing;
                              (e) i n the case of sending by document exchange, on the second working day following the date of sending to the document exchange number of the solicitor’s office."

As you say, it depends which version of the Agmt S & P that you are using.
                              Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Working...
                              X