the tightening screws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the tightening screws

3 months ago, we were offered over 900k for an investment, then when we asked for a 27k top up for a personal matter the banks said if we borrowed the 27k the other lending was not available. Go figure!
    "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

No wonder the mortgage brokers are riled up. They’ll soon be looking for new careers or accept huge pay cuts.

cheers
    Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
      No wonder the mortgage brokers are riled up. They’ll soon be looking for new careers or accept huge pay cuts.

cheers
      Donna
      I hear that quite a few Advisers are hanging up their boots. This one has never been busier and have employed another Adviser starting in the new year. Experience, knowledge and a sound business model key these Covid/CCCFA/RBNZ days. I feel sorry for first home buyers, they are being treated appallingly by the new regs.
      www.ilender.co.nz
      Financial Paramedics

Comment

Ahhhh . . . no. "The new regs" are not at fault. They are the result of the usual, debased, pseudo-intellingencia who pass them in to law - the real villains.

Not much help to FHBs, of course, but the blame is utterly and totally the fault of the profoundly ignorant and stupid in the beehive. (And maybe that of those who voted for / elected them.)

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
          Ahhhh . . . no. "The new regs" are not at fault. They are the result of the usual, debased, pseudo-intellingencia who pass them in to law - the real villains.

Not much help to FHBs, of course, but the blame is utterly and totally the fault of the profoundly ignorant and stupid in the beehive. (And maybe that of those who voted for / elected them.)
          Could not have put it better myself!
          www.ilender.co.nz
          Financial Paramedics

Comment

Very flattering [thank you] but we do need to have regard to the changing times. Change for the sake of change is a bad thing.

And whilst the W'gton woodenheads may - just may - have been motivated by the best of intentions, their inability to link cause and effect needs to be considered, given their own, almost total intellectual deficiencies.

Perceived / hypothetical injustices and cause and effect have multiple aspects of connectivity.

Many people get conned by everything from truck shops to bLotto. If anyone asks just why that's so, I'd be astonished.
            The gummint is my shepherd - I shall not want
            Comrade commissar Cindy anoniteth my hand
            with pay rises unrelated to productivity and
            the value of goods and services produced
            So KFC and McMalnutrition get dearer and
            dearer and I have no idea why? Just what
            Is this thing called inflation? Please explain. . . .
            And so it might go.

Comrade commissar Cindy NEEDS a dependency voting bloc to get re-elected.
            Bite not the hand of the political party gummint that feeds you.
            And clothes you; and houses you; and buys you fridges;
            and . . .
            On and on it goes.

Comment

It has frozen....current in-fill builds not finished, loans not settled, new cabs not getting off the rank, main banks pulling back, extended builds meaning pre-approvals being cancelled. Caution extreme....I have just taken a few phone calls from people wondering what to do (and I am not a broker!)....Oh yes, main banks have reported huge profits....who is hurting???

And stuff all of this rubbish about build costs and sunset clauses...the industry is secretive and far too adversarial for its own good....why not just operate 'open and clean'?

Comment

Working...
              X