Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do valuations consider resource consent approvals? would banks recognise increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do valuations consider resource consent approvals? would banks recognise increase?

Hi,

First time user and writer.
    I have a multi-part question.

My observation is that resource consent adds about $500k for a e.g. 7 terrace house potential property here in Auckland. So I am looking at getting a resource consent for my property for terrace housing as well with intent to one day build.

If I was to get a resource consent for e.g. 7 terrace housing. And then went on to get a formal property valuation done through a company. Do valuers take into consideration the approved resource consent and the value-add it gives to property sale prices etc.?

And if so, would the bank acknowledge that value increase for purposes of equity to use towards then building those terrace housing? and if so, is there like a 6 month stand-down period before they would recognise any increase to a property? (I have heard that there is some sort of stand-down period but could be wrong or only in limited scenario's).

Many Thanks!
Working...
X