Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LL Civil Disobedience

What options might there be?

It's well past time that LLs stopped passively accepting all the crap thrown at them by the current crop of socio-commie-clowns in the drone house and their media sycophants. Or any other W'gton woodenheads, for that matter.

An example is the Tenancy Compliance and Investigations Team. Although billed as:
    The Tenancy Services Compliance and Investigations Team monitor and enforce compliance with the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 (the Act).
    . . . the unit's manager has admitted that his 'team' concentrates on harassing and persecuting LLs and are completely, totally and utterly unconcerned and unmotivated about investigating and enforcing compliance with the Residential Tenancies Act by non-complying tenants. (Angels all.)

So what might LLs do that would be like a strike, but not annoy good tenants?

Let's see your ideas, folks.

Start informing the tenants of what is going to happen to then should Liebor get voted in again or the insane law changes get through.
    You will get a 90 day notice. I will be converting the house to AirBnB or selling. Either way - rent is going up! Start costing the commie nutters some votes.
    Last edited by PC; 06-03-2020, 07:39 AM.
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

March down major streets in major cities? I'm not sure this would be well received at all.

I can just hear the media pundits saying something like "Rich entitled landlords demand more money from tenants!" or something.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

The RT amendment Bill is open for submissions, as pretty much everyone knows by now. Question is how to get the attention of the Select Committee. I suggest a lot of submissions along the lines of - I am a LL. I have issued (or plan to issue) 90 day notices to tenants in nn of my rentals in advance of the proposals. While these tenants are OK and some are long term they have not been ideal and I will not absorb the increased risk.

Actual detail added would be good as SCs relate to an actual story. Detail like issues, below market rent, high demand in the location from better tenants, children, pensioners, selling up, converting to other uses, cancelling new build/buy etc.

Submissions can be made here, and it is just a form to fill in with contact details and as much or little as people want to say.

Comment

Whatever it is, it needs to be:
          * cunning
          * within the law if possible
          * difficult for the W'gton woodenheads to thwart
          * not inconvenience LLs' tenants (not the good ones, anyway)

It is the gummint that's the problem, so it is the gummint that needs to be nobbled.

Here's a bad example. (because it would inconvenience tenants)

If the nasty legislation goes through as it presently is:

Every LL in NZ issues their tenants with a 90 day notice.

I did have an even better idea a while ago, but - doh! - can't bring it to mind, now.

Comment

When you do your submission, take the time to tick the "I wand to speak" box. Nothing like having thousands of actual submitters flood the hallways stating what will happen. A written submission will be counted and binned without being red IMHO.

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
              When you do your submission, take the time to tick the "I wand to speak" box. Nothing like having thousands of actual submitters flood the hallways stating what will happen. A written submission will be counted and binned without being red IMHO.
              You're right in that written submissions will be ignored. I think with the written ones, a junior staffer would zoom through each one and tick a box: Supports bill, doesn't support bill. Then move onto the next.

But I don't want to speak. Nor would most I'd say.
              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                But I don't want to speak.
                Why?

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                Nor would most I'd say.
                Why, again?

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                  Why?

Why, again?
                  Time, hassle, fear.

People rate public speaking as more worrying than death.
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                  X