Infringement Notices from WCC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infringement Notices from WCC

Do councils just issue "Infringement Notices" without warning ?
    No notices
    No phone calls

(Caused by tenant I assume)
    Last edited by Beano; 29-03-2018, 07:44 PM.

Depends. What was it for?

Comment

They serve abatement notices without warning so yes is the answer Beano.

Comment

It is "failing to comply with consent conditions"
        I will talk to the council officer after Easter to see who in my tenants' company I should talk to
        I just thought the council would leave the landlord out of this situation and just deal directly with the tenant ...after all the landlord has not signed any consent application and is not aware of any consents

Comment

They always serve the owner, it's the owners issue not the tenant. You'll have to go the tenant to rectify. Council can't, the tenant doesn't own the place.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzlevalve View Post
            They always serve the owner, it's the owners issue not the tenant. You'll have to go the tenant to rectify. Council can't, the tenant doesn't own the place.
            In this case the tenant owns the building and I own the land

Comment

You'll be the only one on the title then. Still your problem I think B.

Comment

Aren't councils great? Issue a notice to a party that has nothing to do with it!
                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

They have to pursue the owner. He's the only one with money and who can't hide :-(

Comment

They have to pursue the owner. He's the only one with money and who can't hide :-(
                    Not true
                    The building owner also has a title (leasehold) that the Council address all the rates accounts to
                    Also the tenant (Public Company) is far more wealthy than a mum and dad investor like me!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                      Aren't councils great? Issue a notice to a party that has nothing to do with it!
                      Yes that is the point
                      They know who applied for the consent
                      They know the building owner
                      Why send the Infringement notice to someone who knows nothing about the building ...I do not even see the water or rates account!
                      Why waste my time ?

Comment

Because it's your problem I believe B. You'll have to make the tenant comply. You're the owner.

Comment

Because it's your problem I believe B. You'll have to make the tenant comply. You're the owner.
                          I finally thought I found a really passive investment !

Comment

What do your lawyer and the tenant's lawyer have to say about this?
                            Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

Originally posted by Beano View Post
                              I finally thought I found a really passive investment !
                              Ah the council like to get their tentacles into everyone and everything mate.

Even if they have no business doing so.

So yes, takes your time to sort out their mistake.
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Working...
                              X