Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget 2015. The Lies, Spin & BS!

One of the most irksome lies is in "the fundamentals."

There's a budget every year. As in every 12 months.

So when blenglish asserts an extra billion dollars for
    vote health, it's only when we dip below the heading
    that we find out that's a billion over 4 years. I.e. it's
    one fourth of 1 billion until the next year's budget,
    when they may well revise the figure down or up.

Hell, with any luck, blenglish et al may not be in the
    drone house in just over two years.

As we all know, the gummint has no money that it
    first does not take from the productive sector. I.e.
    Private enterprise. You and me.

So it seemed to me that the budget was (as usual,
    yawn) a mendacious ploy of robbing Peter to pay
    Paul, all the while trying to make the figures and the
    W'gton woodenheads look better than the *****
    that they really are.

The picture of a smug blenglish getting a standing
    ovation from the party sycophants was just about
    enough to make one's stomach churn.

Who do they think they're kidding?

Probably 95% plus of the population! <sigh>
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

That's politics Perry.
    SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Yep, bribing us with our own money. And we're so happy about it.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

The Pauls are.

The Peters, not so much.

Comment

If it walks like a politician, talks like a politician and spins [lies] like a politician: what is it?

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

23 May 23 2015
          Originally posted by Stuff
          A tax by any other nameā€¦.
          Every finance minister has them - those moments in the middle of the night when they realise
          they are going to have to do exactly what the boss vowed on the campaign trail they would
          never do. The art is knowing how to spin it as something other than a broken promise.

So when Key pledged that there would be no new taxes under National, he meant it - but you
          will note that the word "levy" never crossed his lips. Which is why the words "border levy" have
          been substituted for the words "departure tax" in relation to the $22 whacked on the cost of
          international travel.

But you know what they say - if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. This
          levy is a tax. There are various ways to describe this - a backflip, a u-turn, a flip-flop or just
          a semantic argument. Your mum would call it a lie and plonk you on the naughty step.

Robbing Peter to Pay Paul
          If you were one of those people who thought you would get around to signing up for KiwiSaver
          one day and had already banked on the $1000 kickstart payment in your head then it's too late.
          It was an obvious kitty to raid to pay for the child poverty package.
          Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

Did anyone hear a mouse squeak at this years budget that Jokey and co have no plans to pay back NZ's national debt now close to 90 Billion? That's you and i folks - we will suffer big time on this horrendous recklessness. But by the time anyone wakes up Jokey will have joined up with Obama to retire from politics in his flash pad in Hawaii

Our debt at a glance on the World Debt Clock > http://www.nationaldebtclocks.org/debtclock/newzealand

Comment

I did see that mind-blowing figure in one budget analysis,
              but it was only brief. As you observe, it seems to be in the
              let's pretend it doesn't exist category. Or, if we just ignore
              it, it's bound to go away.

How much is blenglish borrowing now, each week, to keep
              the facade up?

Comment

Inland Revenue 'high wealth' unit to keep close eye on rich immigrants

Wealthy immigrants are to fall under the scrutiny of the Inland Revenue's "high-wealth individual" programme.

A paper released by the Treasury outlines Inland Revenue's priorities for spending new funding for the department to seek out tax dodgers.
                And extra $74 million in extra funding over five years is available to catch tax cheats and the forecast is that for every dollar spent on investigations, there will be a return of $8.

Another target for the taxman's investigators is property speculation around new subdivisions, particularly in the growing Auckland and Christchurch property markets.
                http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/7024...ich-immigrants

Comment

Welcome to NZ - where everyone
                  is treated equally. Well, sort-of.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    Welcome to NZ - where everyone
                    is treated equally. Well, sort-of.
                    I'm a gay fat disabled Maori of the Islamic religion. I believe my rights to enjoy a full life trump your rights at your expense via the tax system.

Well the government and the Human Rights Commission keep telling me this - so it must be true?

Comment

And people still wonder why Craig is a three time political failure.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                        And people still wonder why Craig is a three time political failure.
                        He had his weak points sure - but your preferred alternative John Key is destroying NZ in the name of phoney progress. Latest evidence of your doomed preference here in the racial divide cliff sanctioned by National & Council:http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11482803

Comment

Comment

Not sure what your point is, no matter how much you dislike Craig. I am no fan of him either .Their still effectively remains no viable political party standing against apartheid .The July 2015 party % is no surprise given the dissolution of virtually the entire board of the Conservatives. What you are not realizing is the absolute ruthless governing streak of the NATIONAL party in fostering apartheid as recently exampled in my link regarding the phoneyism of so-called Maori spiritual land claims against private residential areas.Just one example to bring a Maori co-governance agenda to NZ. You seem totally oblivious to this.

NZ is supposed to be a secular country but now trumpets religious belief in the guise of spirituality.

What other party apart from the Conservatives spoke out against Council imposing Maori spiritual claims on private residential property in a submission on the Unitary Plan?

Ans : None

Silence and indifference represents complicity in any given agenda. Voting for a party that advocates apartheid by their actions & policy is actively condoning it.

Comment

Working...
                            X