X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a wannabe Mortgage Broker in Welly?

Hey guys,

the missus is thinking about becoming a mortgage broker in Wellington,
    anyone knows, can recommend a firm, or a place she could learn the trade from?

Thanks a lot!

Has she registered as an RFA ?

Comment

no, not yet, she is just starting out. Do you need to register first before you can start learning it?

Comment

I am not sure.
        Ring the FMA and ask, however I guess a broker on this forum will tell you.

www.fma.govt.nz/help-me-comply/financial-advisers/who-needs-to-comply/

Comment

Originally posted by propertybuyingNZ View Post
          no, not yet, she is just starting out. Do you need to register first before you can start learning it?
          Speak to Jenny at the PAA, she will tell you all you need to know
          www.ilender.co.nz
          Financial Paramedics

Comment

Pretty sure that you do not need to be designated as a financial adviser to be a broker? I signed a document when I went through my broker acknowledging that she was not a financial adviser and that she recommended I seek out a qualified financial adviser prior to accepting any mortgage deals she bought to the table. Turns out I got a pretty good deal from her and have been happy for the past year. Have not heard from her since the day before I went unconditional though..

Though the follow up service was non-existant, shall be approaching Jeff for the next place once I get some more capital together and let the LVR restriction issues get into the Media.

Comment

Working...
            X