Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch Fair Go on Wednesday 30 May

Hi All,

A heads up to watch Fair Go on Wednesday - NZ Accounting chap Michael Fresnel (though he has since changed his name) is on. You may recall he took out a short advertising campaign on PropertyTalk last October and of course he did likewise with other websites and well known magazines etc and yep - we were duped.

Earlier this year a group of creditors and clients formed to essentially put a stop to him running his business due to his behaviour and illegal activity but to no avail so I recommended Gordon and the Fair Go team. It's all moved very quickly and though I didn't want to be interviewed personally those that did front up deserve a big thank you.

I'll let you know if for some unforeseen reason the story is not on - but for now it is expected to run.

Cheers,

Donna
    Last edited by donna; 25-05-2012, 05:06 PM.
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Hi Donna can you point me in the right direction to reread about this.

Comment

Hi Frazzledfozzle,

Nothing has been mentioned on here - though no doubt there may be some discussion after Wednesday.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Michael Fresnel (aka Michael Weaver, aka Michael Levertoff).

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Michael+Fresnel&meta=
        have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

Don't forget. You can get it on line if you miss it.

www.3888444.co.nz
          Facebook Page

Comment

Interesting claim at the end that anyone can call themselves an Accountant.
            DFTBA

Comment

. . . but not a 'chartered' one?

Comment

Originally posted by cube View Post
                Interesting claim at the end that anyone can call themselves an Accountant.
                That's been the case for many decades.

In the good old days Bob Cratchit was known as a clerk or if he was good with numbers, a book-keeper. That term continued into modern times meaning a person who was competent with double entry book-keeping and books of account. Over the last 50 years book-keepers started to be called accountants because it sounded more upmarket and was accurate enough.

Understandably those who had been educated further and gained a university qualification became uneasy and thus the "chartered accountant" was born. CPA in America.

Indeed chartered accountants these days look down their noses at the word accountant, much preferring to profile themselves as business advisers and other meaningless new-speak.

Still, there can be a vast difference between an accountant and a chartered accountant if you want informed advice rather than simply book-keeping.

Comment

I was amazed at Michael's lack of remorse for ripping people off, operating his business while insolvent.

And what's more worrisome is his desire to grow the business. Geez it's obvious he should not be in business at all! Obviously a lot of what he has done couldn't be mentioned on TV unfortunately - it was a rather deflated presentation of his actions. He is living in a different reality to everyone else.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

He's HUGE. He has 600 staff, don't you know?

Comment

I'm surprised he didn't say 605 actually - 600 remotes and 5 local.

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                        I was amazed at Michael's lack of remorse for ripping people off, operating his business while insolvent.

And what's more worrisome is his desire to grow the business. Geez it's obvious he should not be in business at all! Obviously a lot of what he has done couldn't be mentioned on TV unfortunately - it was a rather deflated presentation of his actions. He is living in a different reality to everyone else.

Cheers,

Donna
                        He shows a definite pattern of a sociopath [aka psychopath]. I watched the FairGo segment he seemed completely wrapped up in his own dreamworld.600 staff!!He shouldn't be allowed to advertise considering how many people he's blatantly ripped off.

Comment

I have 1000 staff under me.

Do you believe the words I just typed?

If not, why should we believe this guy, and any other people for that matter =)

Comment

You work on the top floor of the building?

Comment

i have just the 1 under me

they're say they're always being screwed

but it's not always
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

Working...
                              X