No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tauranga Law, Kevin Olivier, Barrister & Solicitor: [email protected] 07 578 0150.

I haven't used him yet, he has recently joined a networking group I attend.

Comment

• Im with BNZ , offset floating mortgage at 5.5% on $630,000. I enquired with Kiwibank what could they do for me? Talk about slowness it took them over a month to get back to me after i emailed them all my financial information.They came back with an offer of 5.45%!This works out at a saving of $315 per year. Whoopee do! They wouldn't go any lower & were only prepared to pay around half of my break fee with BNZ. Time wasters.

Comment

• I would be wary of any bank which was so slow to act.

Comment

• Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
          Im with BNZ , offset floating mortgage at 5.5% on $630,000. I enquired with Kiwibank what could they do for me? Talk about slowness it took them over a month to get back to me after i emailed them all my financial information.They came back with an offer of 5.45%!This works out at a saving of $315 per year. Whoopee do! They wouldn't go any lower & were only prepared to pay around half of my break fee with BNZ. Time wasters.
          I am with Kiwibank and will respond on the spot. Please contact me privately to secure the level of service that you require.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
            I would be wary of any bank which was so slow to act.
            This is about individuals, not banks. I would not be wary of any NZ bank.

Comment

• http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/ne...ntrol/1457574/

Thousands of New Zealanders chasing a cut in their home loan interest rate have caused a log jam in the banking system, which is groaning under the weight of homeowners battling for the best deal.
              One bank had 2000 inquiries last week about rates and was struggling to cope, a mortgage broker told the Weekend Herald.
              "It's clogged up the banking system and people are waiting for decisions."

Comment

• Another Media beat up, you would not want to believe everything you read. Most of it is exagerated.

Comment

• I tried KiwiBank too. Got offered terms and conditions significantly less than the bank I'm with, ANZ.
                  Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
                    I tried KiwiBank too. Got offered terms and conditions significantly less than the bank I'm with, ANZ.
                    You tried "someone" at Kiwibank, but also know that Kiwibank refinance dozens of ANZ, WBC, ASB, BNZ customers every day for a better deal and service.

Comment

• Hi Equilibrium,

Really good to see someone like yourself coming on this site and taking an interest in property investment lending.

I guess within kiwibank the terms and conditions offered also depend on how much the particular mortgage manager fights credit for their client?

Are you able to give an example of a refinancing deal you've done recently?

Comment

• You think they can do a better deal than BNZ and ANZ, if you move your business to them.
                        When I was using them 2 years ago, my broker and I gave up, they were so busy and over stretched, it was taking literally months more to get applications processed than other banks.
                        That cause me significant angst so I vowed never to use them again.

Comment

• Despite the valiant efforts of Equilibrium, I've found dealing
                          with KB to be a 'mixed bag.' That said, I agree that bank
                          policy and individuals are two different things.

Although perhaps a slight stretch, I'll regale you with the
                          tale of the cash register operator and an owner.

Some months back, I went into a shop to buy some shoes.
                          I arrived at the counter and the purchase was scanned.

"That'll be xxxx dollars," I was told.

"But they're advertised as a special at yyyy dollars," was
                          my response.

Not sure if it was me or what, but the seemingly ever-so-
                          slightly-smug response was, "oh, that special finished
                          yesterday."

I left the store empty-handed.

Although I can't now recall the details, I dimly recall some
                          similar incident with a completely different product. There
                          was some discrepancy between the ticket price and the
                          advertised price.

The owner/operator did not hesitate: "that special was
                          last week, but sure, you can have it at the same price,
                          this week."

I left the store with my purchase and the owner/operator
                          had a sale.

Sure, the till says this or that and all the other excuses.
                          But that's the difference between someone whose pay
                          goes up or down, based on sales and someone whose
                          pay does not.

When I sought to open a KB business account, I was
                          agreeably surprised as how straight-forward it was and
                          the way in which it was accomplished.

I (just so happened) to mention that I had a CC account
                          (with another bank) which turned over about $36k a year.

There was never any follow-up to seek that business.

Some days.

Good luck with the salvage operation, Equilibrium. Kudos
                          to you for caring/trying.
                          Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Hi AMR, there's a few things being circulated which up until now have gone unchallenged, I like to change this. I'm an investor as well as mortgage manager and also take an interest in investment groups from time to time. You're spot on with your assessement. I prefer not to say too much except many of the deals I see mentioned on this site as being good deals are probably deals I have done myself. We have a strength in sub 80% lending from a pricing perspective but endeavour to appear to the whole spectrum of customer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                              You think they can do a better deal than BNZ and ANZ, if you move your business to them.
                              When I was using them 2 years ago, my broker and I gave up, they were so busy and over stretched, it was taking literally months more to get applications processed than other banks.
                              That cause me significant angst so I vowed never to use them again.
                              Who did you vow not to use again, as Kiwibank do not deal with brokers generally, assume you must be talking about someone else?

Comment

• i remember when kiwi bank 1st opened

i thought it was a good idea, went to my other bank, withdrew $500

and then walked to my new local kiwi bank branch to open an account

it was chaos inside and they said they couldn't take a cash deposit to open an account

i had to send the money from another bank, i asked for details on this but they said the other bank would know

but the other bank did not know

so i gave up

as they as professional as the other banks now?

is their internet banking top notch etc?
                                have you defeated them?
                                your demons

Comment

Working...
                                X