No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, have any of the banks given a discount on a current fixed rate? or is it only Floating?

Comment

• Westpac wouldn't without me paying the break fee, am look at options now.

Comment

• I see that UK and Mainland European banks have had credit down grades. Will NZ banks be next in line?
        The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• Australian banks you mean Austro.
          "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by muppet View Post
            Australian banks you mean Austro.
            Opps yep your right Muppet
            The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

• ""The turnaround comes after government figures showed the economy grew 1.1 percent in the first three months of the year, its fastest quarterly pace in five years".

Will this end any chance of a further rate cut and ultimately our lower rates.

Comment

• ^ Hopefully.

Comment

• Originally posted by JABlog View Post
                  ""The turnaround comes after government figures showed the economy grew 1.1 percent in the first three months of the year, its fastest quarterly pace in five years".

Fastest quarterly pace in Five years! I recall an old add for a Citroen Duck One line went: going flat out at 60 MPH ( down hill with a back wind) the Citroen 2CV easily overtakes a Porche 911 traveling at 50 mph. the last five years have seen ( for the main part) sluggish stuttering growth. More important than a single data point is the overall trend I don't think the Reserve bank is going to raise interest rates until they are confident they need to cool growth and that is along long long way away.
                  Last edited by Austrokiwi; 24-06-2012, 11:17 PM.

Comment

• light entertainment

Last edited by eri; 24-06-2012, 11:06 PM.
                    have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

• What's best floating rate anyone has got out of Westpac?

I was offered 5.74% but I think they can do better.

Comment

• I'm on 5.49% with Westpac.
                        My Profile

Comment

• That's a nice rate drelly, looks like I'm going back in to do some more bashing

Comment

• 5.24% with Westpac as posted earlier.

Comment

• 5.25% from asb
                              NZ Tax fixed fee accounting, we are an online accounting practice. Our integration with Xero and our unique approach provides provides superior value to our clients.

Comment

• Originally posted by JABlog View Post
                                ""The turnaround comes after government figures showed the economy grew 1.1 percent in the first three months of the year, its fastest quarterly pace in five years".

I don't think so. I think the growth has come to a crashing halt, and there will easy be enough pain coming out of Europe to keep us on a low OCR for a while longer yet...

Comment

Working...
                                X