Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by donna View Post
    ^^ me too -

and we’re not alone as there was PTer saying - stick to short term.

cheers
    Donna
    Originally posted by chook View Post
    And more,... forget 2023 &2022 rate rises will happen this year..

https://fortune.com/2021/06/16/feder...flation-rises/
    I hope most listened and fixed long...lots more increases and pain to come (especially for those on 1 year fixed

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mon...cted-economist

I tried to send out a warning signal 12 months ago....

Comment

• I'd just about be tempted by Westpac's 5.7% for 5yrs .... with inflation running hot and I don't see how they will bring it under control with resources wars kicking off could be a decade+ of high 5% inflation

Comment

• ^ all my research (you tube) suggests another outcome. But you must always do what feels right for you.
        "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
          ^ all my research (you tube) suggests another outcome. But you must always do what feels right for you.
          Ahhh, Internet research : the be-all and end-all.
          Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
            You could mock but truth be told I learn a lot of you tube these days. A review on a product I don't know anything about, how to sand back weatherboards before paint, how to resow a lawn. The lessons are endless. Just need to move with the times.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post

You could mock but truth be told I learn a lot of you tube these days. A review on a product I don't know anything about, how to sand back weatherboards before paint, how to resow a lawn. The lessons are endless. Just need to move with the times. And yes of coarse there is a lot of rubbish on there.
              Better than getting your education off the MSM.

Comment

Hmmmmm. I followed a few blogs and changed my high risk Kiwisaver to cash only in December last year. Seems to have paid off. Maybe I was just "lucky".

www.3888444.co.nz
                Facebook Page

Comment

• ^^ Can you explain how it has paid off Keys? For example, $100K in an aggressive fund vs. $100K in cash only?

Thanks

Donna
                  SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

^^ Can you explain how it has paid off Keys? For example, $100K in an aggressive fund vs. $100K in cash only?

Thanks

Donna
                    HI
                    This is the difference between me staying with my Growth Fund or changing to Cash Fund 3 months ago.
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	Funds.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	732269
                    Thanks
                    Richard

Comment

• Isn't the right hand column the one that's most important?
                      Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

Isn't the right hand column the one that's most important?
                        Hi
                        Yes that is true.
                        But why would I sit back and watch my investment drop each month when I can move funds with a few mouse clicks.
                        When the time seems right....and that is always the big call...I will move it back to growth.
                        Thanks
                        Richard

Comment

• Thanks a lot - we're with ANZ too so that's worth knowing and would you say it's worth doing now? If so I'm going to do it!

Comment

• Originally posted by richard56 View Post

Hi
                            Yes that is true.
                            But why would I sit back and watch my investment drop each month when I can move funds with a few mouse clicks.
                            When the time seems right....and that is always the big call...I will move it back to growth.
                            Thanks
                            Richard
                            The issue is also the markets move extremely fast, once the dollar turns and goes back into equities any gains could be wiped out in short amount of trading session's.I have a large amount of USD ready to deploy once the markets turn, I can do this with a click of a button and even thats to slow against the speed of Wall Street trading algorithms.

Comment

Thanks a lot - we're with ANZ too so that's worth knowing and would you say it's worth doing now? If so I'm going to do it!
                              If trading in and out of currencies was easy Donna everyone would do it.

Seek advice first.

Comment

• ^^ yes, I hear you Jeffa . Just not sure financial advisors really do give the right advice though

Like everyone - I want to stop the losses and then move to growth when the market picks up. What the implications of such a move are - I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                                X