Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
    Never ascribe to conspiracy that which can be put down to stupidity, goes an old axiom.

Are the orchestraters that smart? Or the people that dumb? A mix of both?

The "elite" will still need a suitable 'slave' population of serfs to fetch and carry for them. And a means to control them, too. Robots?

But what's all that got to do with interest rates?

Surely interest rates would be an important piece of the puzzle to make everything and anything bleed, especially when choosing to aggressively increase them to counter the inflation “they” created by sending the money printers into overdrive.

I mean “they” created a worldwide pandemic, made money historically low, which assisted in a property boom, humans want to own houses & will jump at the chance even if that means $600k+++ debt, claims of no interest rate increases until 2023(?), aggressively hike rates & watch above households above bleed (and pretty much every market). I mean that’s just one side of the coin to look at it, I don’t like being a pessimist so I’m happy to check out the other side!!

As much as I’d love to claim they’re donkey’s & what they’re doing is destroying countries worldwide, “they couldn’t organise a piss-up at a brewery!” I believe they’re evil genius’ and as mentioned above, the ship is full steam ahead, on track with grins from ear to ear.

Nothing about the last 3 years makes sense whatsoever & I believe the answer to “are they that smart or are the people that dumb?” depends on how much of the population is still oblivious.

Comment

• Originally posted by adm View Post
      Nothing about the last 3 years makes sense whatsoever & I believe the answer to “are they that smart or are the people that dumb?” depends on how much of the population is still oblivious.
      With a few exceptions and from the general and widespread hysteria of recent times, plus the overall anti everyone and thing over 35, I suspect that there will only be a part of one percent that have any idea of what's going on.

Logan's re-Run, anyone?

Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

With a few exceptions and from the general and widespread hysteria of recent times, plus the overall anti everyone and thing over 35, I suspect that there will only be a part of one percent that have any idea of what's going on.

Logan's re-Run, anyone?
        I have to whole-heartedly agree with you!

Ignorance is bliss?... until it isn’t.

Comment

I have to whole-heartedly agree with you!

Ignorance is bliss?... until it isn’t.
          Correct most people have no idea whats going on..

Comment

• Originally posted by chook View Post

Correct most people have no idea whats going on..

https://youtu.be/dKLCfw-OCdk

Comment

• OMG! What a bore. Lots of vague waffle. No wonder the average TV-watching kiwi is lost. Or close to it.
              Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Central banks trapped in their own Ponzi scheme

Macquarie’s Viktor Shvets says global markets are addicted to low rates and high liquidity, giving governors no choice but to pivot despite high inflation.”

Comment

• Gotta love that news-speak gibberish word, "pivot!" They are so fullacrums.

Comment

Surely interest rates would be an important piece of the puzzle to make everything and anything bleed, especially when choosing to aggressively increase them to counter the inflation “they” created by sending the money printers into overdrive.

I mean “they” created a worldwide pandemic, made money historically low, which assisted in a property boom, humans want to own houses & will jump at the chance even if that means $600k+++ debt, claims of no interest rate increases until 2023(?), aggressively hike rates & watch above households above bleed (and pretty much every market). I mean that’s just one side of the coin to look at it, I don’t like being a pessimist so I’m happy to check out the other side!!

As much as I’d love to claim they’re donkey’s & what they’re doing is destroying countries worldwide, “they couldn’t organise a piss-up at a brewery!” I believe they’re evil genius’ and as mentioned above, the ship is full steam ahead, on track with grins from ear to ear.

Yes I recall back only 16-18 months ago talk from central bankers of Negative rates then rates will stay low for many years 2023-24 with only minor moves higher to present minute talk of 200% higher rates massive increase in living costs...... talk about setting up millions for default ...

Comment

• Originally posted by JBM View Post
                      Yes I recall back only 16-18 months ago talk from central bankers of Negative rates then rates will stay low for many years 2023-24 with only minor moves higher to present minute talk of 200% higher rates massive increase in living costs...... talk about setting up millions for default ...
                      Anyone who listens to - never mind acts on - financial predictions of that sort really do deserve whatever's coming to them.

Comment

Anyone who listens to - never mind acts on - financial predictions of that sort really do deserve whatever's coming to them.

100% correct

More stupid comments are being made now buy that woman running REINZ saying the market has bottomed and we will head up now. Anything to keep the top CEO job aye.

Comment

• Originally posted by chook View Post
                          More stupid comments are being made now buy that woman running REINZ saying the market has bottomed and we will head up now. Anything to keep the top CEO job, aye.
                          Is that Bindi Jaw-well? Or a replacement?

Comment

think your'll find many thousand did ....even I never expects rates to rise as fast as they did .... could have locked in 2.99% for 5yrs 14-16months ago... but thought at time we could see even lower rates in 6months etc ... wrong

Comment

• ^^ me too -

and we’re not alone as there was PTer saying - stick to short term.

cheers
                              Donna
                              SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• The guys I follow are sure that in the next few months they will all have to pivot. We shall see.
                                "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

Working...
                                X