Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post

RBNZ forecasting 5% increase to the end of 2021 then another 5% in first half of 2022 before eventually going flat from September 2022 then reversing in 2023/24. Dropping values. 6%

Trust me I'm confused by there forecast as well.

In real terms 5% increase per annum between now and 2024.

Including OCR increase .
    Last edited by Jeffa; 19-08-2021, 05:50 PM.

Comment

• ANZ embarrassingly has back tracked and lowered interest rates.

https://www.interest.co.nz/personal-...d-anz-has-back

Comment

• T'will be interesting to see the reaction from other banks which jumped the gun.
        Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• I have just fixed for a year at 2.39%, up slightly but still happy with the rates. I’m obviously banking on rates being lower next year as well.

but who really knows. Im adjusting my rents as well to dampen any rate rises next year.
          "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• ^^ that's a good rate. I got in with 2.19 a couple of months ago so thankful for that. Just read article re. UK recovery and how their realistic that inflation will go beyond 2% but it will be transitory so no push up of interest rates as it's expected to fall back below 2 by 2023. Why can't our RBNZ be as smart?

cheers,

Donna
            SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post
              ^^ that's a good rate. I got in with 2.19 a couple of months ago so thankful for that. Just read article re. UK recovery and how their realistic that inflation will go beyond 2% but it will be transitory so no push up of interest rates as it's expected to fall back below 2 by 2023. Why can't our RBNZ be as smart?

cheers,

Donna
              Yes I was also offered 2.19% but was dillying around and when I got round to confirming a rate it had gone up. Minor though.
              "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post
                Why can't our RBNZ be as smart?
                With covid queen Cindy lording it over NZrs and Boris giving Brits freer range, no comparison could be valid.

When Britain relaxed their anti-covid measures, Boris was roundly and soundly condemned as a killer. I presume that if all hell had broken loose, the NZ government's $105M taxpayer-paid-for propaganda arm - NZ's mudstream media, would've had a field day in support of comrade commissar's lockdowns. But nary a word.

On that basis, I'm guessing that the doomsayers were wrong about Britain. Anyone hearing anything from a personal contact, over there, about the situation? A newspaper clipping just in from the U.K. . . .

Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• From 2020 . . .
                  Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
                  The RBNZ will signal negative interest rates around September, to coincide with the bankruptcy and closing of many big & small companies as wage subsidies run out and financial reports are released,they will be bad real bad. It will lead to a second share market crash worldwide.
                  Yet another failed prediction.

Listen to the forum Jeffsta [anal] oracle at your own risk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                    From 2020 . . .

Yet another failed prediction.

Listen to the forum Jeffsta [anal] oracle at your own risk.
                    And after reading my informative posts you can then listen to Perry be repetitive.

Comment

• I noticed something interesting just now as the OCR was increased to 0.5% today. (Technically less the 1 is a negative)

Although very early and shouldn't be counted upon any future PREDICTIONS.

I would have expected the kiwi dollar to rise as FX trader's speculate a stronger kiwi means a stronger economy.

It has dropped

Time will tell ,but keep in mind, lower Kiwi= higher import costs higher inflation..eg petrol.

On top of higher Floating rates used by businesses.

Fun 12 months ahead..
                      Last edited by Jeffa; 06-10-2021, 04:21 PM.

Comment

I noticed something interesting just now as the OCR was increased to 0.5% today. (Technically less the 1 is a negative)

Although very early and shouldn't be counted upon any future PREDICTIONS.

I would have expected the kiwi dollar to rise as FX trader's speculate a stronger kiwi means a stronger economy.

It has dropped

Time will tell ,but keep in mind, lower Kiwi= higher import costs higher inflation..eg petrol.

On top of higher Floating rates used by businesses.

Fun 12 months ahead..
                        Early stagflation? Time will tell...

Comment

I noticed something interesting just now as the OCR was increased to 0.5% today. (Technically less the 1 is a negative)
                          Technically less the 1 is a negative - what does that mean?
                          Is it even English?

If you mean that any OCR less than 1% is technically negative I have news for you - it isn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                            Technically less the 1 is a negative - what does that mean?
                            Is it even English?

If you mean that any OCR less than 1% is technically negative I have news for you - it isn't.
                            Hey hey! It's Perry's trolling twin ! Welcome back! fanks 4 cowecting mi England.

Comment

Hey hey! It's Perry's trolling twin ! Welcome back! fanks 4 cowecting mi England.
                              That's OK, I was never away. I gather you think you are being funny - you aren't in the slightest.
                              It isn't my fault that your are ignorant - I'm only trying to help you communicate better but some people are beyond help.

I see that you ignored the main point - typical.
                              I'll leave you to it now - you mostly talk to yourself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

That's OK, I was never away. I gather you think you are being funny - you aren't in the slightest.
                                It isn't my fault that your are ignorant - I'm only trying to help you communicate better but some people are beyond help.

I see that you ignored the main point - typical.
                                I'll leave you to it now - you mostly talk to yourself.
                                I ignore a lot of your points

Your welcome.

Comment

Working...
                                X