No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US10 yr TY -3.3 bp to 1.139% after July ADP report showed just 330K jobs added in July, half the 690K market was expecting.

The US govt’s July non-farm payrolls come out Friday +900k exp, which will come down after today’s ADP report.

Inflation looking transitory, not saying RBNZ won't increase ocr but doesn't make sense too.

Pressure from banks/ financial media putting Orr under the pump.

OCR DTI LVRS going to hammer any further growth wage or capital in a hermit economy, negative OCR 2023

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post
      US10 yr TY -3.3 bp to 1.139% after July ADP report showed just 330K jobs added in July, half the 690K market was expecting.

The US govt’s July non-farm payrolls come out Friday +900k exp, which will come down after today’s ADP report.

Inflation looking transitory, not saying RBNZ won't increase ocr but doesn't make sense too.

Pressure from banks/ financial media putting Orr under the pump.

OCR DTI LVRS going to hammer any further growth wage or capital in a hermit economy, negative OCR 2023
      Add 2023 election year economy mud, pm retirement ,early election, new government.

Comment

• Now council looking at taxing your home if it’s empty! Government said on stuff article they would like to track down owners of empty “ghost” houses and ask owners to manage the properties to rent out to kaianga Ora.

they now want your empty houses.
        "DEBT BECOMES IRRELEVANT WITH INFLATION".

Comment

• A $500,000 project is under way to find ways to encourage owners to fill their empty properties.

Comment

• Can you two please stick to the topic matter of interest rates!?
            Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Frezzinghot View Post
              Now council looking at taxing your home if it’s empty! Government said on stuff article they would like to track down owners of empty “ghost” houses and ask owners to manage the properties to rent out to kaianga Ora.

they now want your empty houses.
              Some link to back up your statement would help.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                Can you two please stick to the topic matter of interest rates!?
                Fair comment. I’m coming off a heap of fixed loans, wanting to move banks soon after buying my next deal so going short.

thoughts ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post

Some link to back up your statement would help.
                  https://www.stuff.co.nz/life-style/h...ll-empty-homes

Comment

• I laughed when I got to the bit that showed how dis-connected from reality these people are:
                    A spokesman for Herr Goffler said, “the benefit for owners of empty properties is that the owner would get an income from rent while NGOs or Kāinga Ora could carry out management of the properties and provide guarantees of the property being looked after and rent paid.”
                    Or maybe there was a notion that the gummint would exempt such a project from the RTA?

Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                      I laughed when I got to the bit that showed how dis-connected from reality these people are:

Or maybe there was a notion that the gummint would exempt such a project from the RTA?
                      https://www.emptyhomes.co.nz/

Don't reply to this survey it's a breach of your privacy and property rights.
                      Last edited by Jeffa; 05-08-2021, 01:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post

https://www.emptyhomes.co.nz/

Don't reply to this survey it's a breach of your privacy and property rights.
                        It doesn't want me anyway as I don't have an empty home.

Comment

• Can someone advise what rates Westpac or other banks are offering for 1 & 2 year? Time to refix but not sure if I should find a broker or go directly to the bank.

Comment

• Originally posted by quebec View Post
                            Can someone advise what rates Westpac or other banks are offering for 1 & 2 year? Time to refix but not sure if I should find a broker or go directly to the bank.
                            Have you looked at interest.co.nz ?

Comment

• Originally posted by quebec View Post
                              Can someone advise what rates Westpac or other banks are offering for 1 & 2 year? Time to refix but not sure if I should find a broker or go directly to the bank.
                              Love the leveraging! what did your last slave die of? For gods sake mate have you not got 15 minutes in your day to google Westpac mortgage rates?

Comment

• Originally posted by chook View Post

Love the leveraging! what did your last slave die of? For gods sake mate have you not got 15 minutes in your day to google Westpac mortgage rates?
                                Ok my bad. Looks like everyone misunderstood my question. I can obviously look up rates but was wondering if WPT is offering discount on carded rates these days or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X