Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by chook View Post

    Go and have a look on interest .co and see which way the little arrows are pointing folks, are you ahead of the game or one step behind? whatever you do don't go into denial.ha ha..

    Now for a joke; did you hear about the Irish property market after the GFC ?
    You made a number of statements - not just interest rates rising.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Wayne View Post

      You made a number of statements - not just interest rates rising.
      Take a chill pill mate, you appear angry now, are you the policeman for this site or something?.

      Dont stress out, you sound like a Policeman with a chip on his shoulder, its only an opinion from someone who retired in his early forties via real estate and hard work, your destiny is in your hands make your own decisions.

      Wheres someone with something indepth , interesting and comical on this site.

      Wheres Jeffa?

      Comment


      • It's good to get varying opinions. I'm going for the 1yr fixed for this loan. I too have been burned with fixing for too long.

        Found this on stuff - still a lot of loans on floating even with the high-interest rate....

        cheers,

        Donna
        A floating rate mortgage gives you the flexibility to repay principal at any time. But is it worth it?
        SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

        BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

        Comment


        • Originally posted by chook View Post

          Go and have a look on interest .co and see which way the little arrows are pointing folks, are you ahead of the game or one step behind? whatever you do don't go into denial.ha ha..

          Now for a joke; did you hear about the Irish property market after the GFC ?
          Gotta say Interest.co.nz is, these days, stacked with Govt shills. Pushing the Govt housing agenda. The same characters used to show up on other sites. This year it's all housing housing housing. Making their own new little stories everyday. with the shills piling into the comments.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by chook View Post
            Don't stress out, you sound like a policeman with a chip on his shoulder.

            Where's someone with something in depth . . . . on this site?
            I suspect that was just what Wayne was seeking.

            Originally posted by chook
            We have rampant worldwide inflation now, not far away from hyperinflation, some countries already have it. Repo market is becoming too hot for the Fed to handle, they are trying to manipulate and control it but how long can they do this for?
            The money printing is like throwing petrol on the fire, it will only speed things up (make it worse) So good luck with trying to keep inflation in the bottle, the lid popped a while back and the Genie is out.
            Originally posted by Wayne
            Do you have anything to back any of this up?
            For example.

            Originally posted by Chook
            We have rampant worldwide inflation now, not far away from hyperinflation, some countries already have it.
            Where are the references to support that? (A reference to Zimbabwe will not be sufficient.)

            Originally posted by Chook
            Repo market is becoming too hot for the Fed to handle
            Where are your references to support that?
            Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Wayne View Post

              You made a number of statements - not just interest rates rising.
              yeah notice the join date ? scarred ever since hence its showing

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Perry View Post
                I suspect that was just what Wayne was seeking.




                For example.


                Where are the references to support that? (A reference to Zimbabwe will not be sufficient.)


                Where are your references to support that?
                Well, this makes for some interesting reading...

                yes there is rampant inflation but it's not likely to crash as it's support by the Central Banks who fear deflation and worse bankruptcy. Consider how you're investing $$ - i.e. don't leave it in the bank.

                from the link.....

                The trick here is to understand that, in reality, we are currently in a period of rampant inflation, albeit heavily disguised, and that once this is properly understood it should completely alter your whole investment outlook and assessment of market risk and tactics.
                Central banks are involved in a highly interventionist and inflationary policy. This policy will continue indefinitely as the budget deficit and the level of debt generally in the US has never been greater. Any change in this policy would greatly increase the risk of deflation, which is the worst outcome for the banking system. Indeed, at this point, inflation looks like the only feasible policy.
                Unfortunately, the best guess is that rampant money supply inflation is here to stay. In addition to running a large trade deficit the US runs a large budget deficit and has astronomical non-funded liabilities. In this respect, however, the US is in good company in that most other developed economies are in similar straits. However, this will still mean that there is a very high probability that the US Government will resort to further rampant inflation over the coming years in an effort to make good on its spiralling financial obligations. This is a reason to be long-term bearish on the US$ relative to gold, but not necessarily a reason to be long-term bearish on the US$ relative to most other fiat currencies, who are also expanding their money supply at a rapid rate.
                cheers,

                Donna
                The most important thing to remember is that inflation is not an act of god, that inflation is not a catastrophe of the elements or a disease that comes like the plague. Inflation is a policy. Ludwig von Mises.The Bank for International Settlements...
                SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

                BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

                Comment


                • Originally posted by donna View Post
                  Yes there is rampant inflation but it's not likely to crash as it's support by the Central Banks who fear deflation and worse bankruptcy.
                  Yes? Where? What sources / references are you referring to?

                  Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

                  Comment


                  • ^^ I added the link Perry.
                    SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

                    BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Perry View Post
                      Yes? Where? What sources / references are you referring to?
                      Another one,... this site should be called PT Police Force! That was actually another joke which it looks like some of you need to lighten up a bit.

                      When an Ostrich eventually pull its head out of the sand and takes a look into the distant surroundings it starts to see things it never saw before. Translation to this is go and do some of your own homework the answers are all out there, this is exactly what Donna has done and she has come up trumps, thank you Donna.

                      Anyway its Saturday get out into the fresh air, I am off for a big day of rugby seeya

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by chook View Post
                        Wheres someone with something indepth , interesting and comical on this site.
                        Someone with something in-depth - certainly not you.
                        Because you have nothing to honestly add you attack others who just ask you to back up the opinion with something like, you know, facts.

                        Comment


                        • Policeman Dwayne, I have posted somewhere else on the site, I am timing from now for you to find it and arrest me and throw me in the cells, go go go the clock is ticking...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chook View Post
                            Policeman Dwayne, I have posted somewhere else on the site, I am timing from now for you to find it and arrest me and throw me in the cells, go go go the clock is ticking...
                            I have obviously hit a nerve with you.
                            Some people just don't like having to back up the rubbish they post.

                            Comment


                            • I was been pondering the 1 year at 2.25% and 5 year at 2.99% (3.35%) dilema a few weeks ago and did this - in relations to quite a few million dollars.

                              Trading and development funds I left at short term 2.25% for flexibility reasons (using things like total money and floating / RC options).

                              Funding for rental properties I fixed some at 2.99 and some at 3.35 because I made a mistake. (I didnt break early as I didnt realise break cost was zero for that loan)

                              Now the reason for that long term fix is the interesting point.
                              And the reason is also why I took a hit on breaking some of the loans and taking an interest cost hit - now.

                              Break fee's are currently 100% tax deductible up till 1/10/21.
                              And Labours socialist communist law prevending lawful abiding citizens from legally decuting the normal costs of finance for the business of rental properties, will start coming into play.

                              I do think with inflation looking to finally burst loose, that is what all the economicsts are saying.
                              We will be looking at high inflation and very high 1 year rates in 2023 / 24 / 25.

                              Those latter years you wont be able to deduct the cost of interest on rental investment.
                              So I want lower finance costs then, so am prepared to take a hit over the next 1 to 2 years, and miss out on the eye candy of the short term fix's, as I can deduct the cost by 75% to 100%.

                              2024 and 2025 if you have high short term rates, and you cant deduct interest cost as an expense, its gonna hurt.
                              Last edited by Bluekiwi; Yesterday, 12:29 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Bluekiwi View Post
                                I was been pondering the 1 year at 2.25% and 5 year at 2.99% (3.35%) dilema a few weeks ago and did this - in relations to quite a few million dollars.

                                Trading and development funds I left at short term 2.25% for flexibility reasons (using things like total money and floating / RC options).

                                Funding for rental properties I fixed some at 2.99 and some at 3.35 because I made a mistake. (I didnt break early as I didnt realise break cost was zero for that loan)

                                Now the reason for that long term fix is the interesting point.
                                And the reason is also why I took a hit on breaking some of the loans and taking an interest cost hit - now.

                                Break fee's are currently 100% tax deductible up till 1/10/21.
                                And Labours socialist communist law prevending lawful abiding citizens from legally decuting the normal costs of finance for the business of rental properties, will start coming into play.

                                I do think with inflation looking to finally burst loose, that is what all the economicsts are saying.
                                We will be looking at high inflation and very high 1 year rates in 2023 / 24 / 25.

                                Those latter years you wont be able to deduct the cost of interest on rental investment.
                                So I want lower finance costs then, so am prepared to take a hit over the next 1 to 2 years, and miss out on the eye candy of the short term fix's, as I can deduct the cost by 75% to 100%.

                                2024 and 2025 if you have high short term rates, and you cant deduct interest cost as an expense, its gonna hurt.
                                A reasonable response for how you see things.
                                An alternative option would have been to split the periods - some at 2,3 and 5 yr.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X