Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by McDuck View Post

Yup, your understanding of high finance is right on the money.

A very unusual interest, for a boy from the hood...

But

With no understanding of high finance, you still would have done just fine.

You served a low decile market, that many others couldn't, or wouldn't.
    And that required only basic financial understanding to make work.

Hat off to you, it was good work.

But even your plans,(a cash purchase), have been thwarted by the old boys in high finance.

Mr McDuck tell me your net worth and I'll tell you mine!..I bet your worth a lot more than me..go on don't be humble. . perhaps you are the president of the old boys club?
    There was a lot of wealth created in the 80s, how much of yours was invested..are you worth more than John Key?

Comment

• Ha ha.
      I don't do schlong contests.

My wealth is my health, you can't take it with you.

Comment

• Watch the NZD if it starts creeping over 70c USD we are definitely heading to negative interest rates , retail rates in the mid 1% just in time for our borders to re open... watch the housing market go bananas!

Comment

Ha!
          I think he will do more than that.
          He may not simply want to take you down a notch.
          He may be worried that gullible people will read this forum and make unwise financial decisions based on half truths and selective figures.
          Possibly, to him, there's a imbalance of justice, where you get to highnote, and silly people wind up in debt because of it.

Apart from that, you have some really good ideas and very very good insights.
          I agree! No one should listen to Jeffa and everyone should take financial advice from Shamubeel Eaqub.
          Last edited by Jeffa; 23-11-2020, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• Don’t hear much from him now.

cheers

Donna
            SEARCH PropertyTalk, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post

Watch the NZD if it starts creeping over 70c USD -
              we are definitely heading to negative interest rates -
              retail rates in the mid 1%..
              It seems to me, that the RESERVE BANK staff are rather keen on lowering interest rates, no matter what.

(They don't really understand why Roger Douglas' inflation targeting worked).
              (I bet Roger Douglas still doesn't understand why it worked, he just got lucky). ha!
              And I bet they refuse to consider HOUSE PRICE INFLATION as inflation.
              Doesn't suit their targets.
              (Just ignore the nasty bits of data that show you are failing).

You don't need the NZD to shift (the relative pressure differentia at our border) to drop interest rates.
              The action potential is far more local.
              It's in the brains of those chaps and chapesses around the boardroom table at the Reserve Bank.

So why do you throw it into the mix?

PS you'll note that all things in the world of movement follow these same simple rules. See vide below.
              No need to wrap it in fancy economic theory.
              Unless you want to film flam a generation, that is.

Every set, be it a set as small as a cell or a seat as large as a country, all move on density gradients.
              It's so simple.

Last edited by McDuck; Yesterday, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• It's looking less likely we are heading towards negative interest rates this cycle..you have permission to mock me Perry! ¯_(ツ)_/¯.

On a brighter note the flp should still push retail rates into the 1% range over the next year.

Side note:according to myvalocity my portfolio has increased 97k in 7 days thats just under 200k in 2 weeks?!

Is anyone else seeing similar results with larger portfolio's?

Comment

• Not to worry . . .

Comrade Commissar Robertson has a new whipping boy for the failure of his gummint's kiwijilt housing program.

Grant Robertson writes to Reserve Bank, saying it's time to think about house prices

24 Nov 2020
                  Originally posted by Stuff
                  Finance Minister Grant Robertson has told Reserve Bank governor Adrian Orr that it’s time to think about out-of-control house prices. With house prices breaking records around the country, and Westpac forecasting increases of 15 per cent this year, out-of-control house price inflation has become a hot-button political issue.

Much of the blame has landed with the Reserve Bank, which has been printing money to stimulate the economy. The bank has promised it could print as much $128 billion across its various stimulus programmes, and it’s feared a lot of that money will head into an already overheated housing market.

Robertson has written to Orr, telling him that “housing price instability is harmful to our aims of reduced inequality and poverty, and is also likely to negatively impact the Government’s aim of creating a more productive and inclusive economy”. He wants the central bank to think about the ways it and the Government can work together to achieve “sustained moderation in house prices that we have both sought”.
                  Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Next year should be as fascinating as this year! Love it!

If the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) had not eased monetary policy further, the NZD/USD exchange rate would be higher by 5-10%, Deputy Governor Christian Hawkesby said while speaking alongside Governor Adrian Orr following the Financial Stability Report publication this Wednesday.

Meanwhile, Orr added that the policy intentions stand as stated in the monetary policy statement.

“NZ economy is one of most resilient on planet earth,” Orr noted.

Orr said: “The RBNZ is operationally ready to implement negative OCR if conditions warrant it.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeffa View Post

On a brighter note the flp should still push retail rates into the 1% range over the next year.

Side note:according to myvalocity my portfolio has increased 97k in 7 days thats just under 200k in 2 weeks?!

That seems about right.

So do you think you will go another 200k next week?

And how much (in total) by the time they start to consider LVRs next year?

Remember, its all paper gains at this point.
                      Do you have an exit strategy?

Comment

That seems about right.

So do you think you will go another 200k next week?

And how much (in total) by the time they start to consider LVRs next year?

Remember, its all paper gains at this point.
                        Do you have an exit strategy?

I'm 46 year's old Mr McDuck... This is just the beginning.. I'll exit at the grave or if I lose my marbles.
                        Which ever comes first!

Comment

• Ha ha.
                          Fair enough.

To some people money is a means to an end, to others it is the end in itself
                          Whatever rocks your boat.

So you have 12 points of data.

Q1 did the increase across all properties in the first 2weeks increase by the same percentage?
                          (Or did some do better than others.)

Q2;
                          Was the percentage increase in the second 2weeks the same as the first 2weeks .

In other words, is it a line or a curve.

Comment

Q1 did the increase across all properties in the first 2weeks increase by the same percentage?
                            (Or did some do better than others.)

Q2;
                            Was the percentage increase in the second 2weeks the same as the first 2weeks .

In other words, is it a line or a curve.

1/Porirua and Hutt big jumps.
                            South Auckland not far behind.
                            Christchurch smaller but not insignificant.

2/​​​​​​​Roughly the same.. but I'm not holding my breath for the same result next week.Im guessing there first time home buyers pushing it up?I doubt experienced investors would pay that much over market value it just doesn't make sense... I'm not complaining.

Comment

Working...
                            X