Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    The difference between 4.2 and 4.3 is about $500 in the year.
    No harm in asking
    Thanks so 1 year or two or just for 18 months till the cash back lock in period?

Comment

• depends on if you think the rates for 1 year will be substantially lower in a years time?

Comment

• Personally I don't think rates will go any lower but I am not an expert and not even sure that is why asking.

Comment

• Originally posted by quebec View Post
          Personally I don't think rates will go any lower but I am not an expert and not even sure that is why asking.
          You have your answer then - fix for 2 years and forget about it.

You could fix for 18 months to coincide with the lock coming off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
            You have your answer then - fix for 2 years and forget about it.

You could fix for 18 months to coincide with the lock coming off.
            Didn't know next OCR announcement is 28th Jan so might hold on until then as my loan doesn't expire till 30th.

Comment

• Originally posted by quebec View Post
              Didn't know next OCR announcement is 28th Jan so might hold on until then as my loan doesn't expire till 30th.
              5 year swap rates have gone splat over the last few days, so the rise in long term interest rates might be short lived.

Comment

• Fix loan with good interest rate and lower debt with extra repayment and buy another property

Comment

• current indications that inflation will not reach target levels within a decade in the United States, Europe or Japan

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11572077
                  have you defeated them?
                  your demons

Comment

• Deflation is the "most likely" scenario for most of the developed world,
                    according to a gloomy note from Sydney-based Clime Asset Management,
                    while Fidelity and HSBC have also echoed their concern about the spectre
                    of falling prices.

Comment

• Originally posted by primal View Post
                      Fix loan with good interest rate and lower debt with extra repayment and buy another property
                      Exactly! Fix at a rate you happy with (and they not going lower at present) and float some to overpay (or some fixes allow up to 5% over-payment) This rate obsession always works in the Banks favour.
                      www.ilender.co.nz
                      Financial Paramedics

Comment

• 6 month fixed

what are people getting for a 6 month fix at the moment? Got nearly a mil coming off in a few days and westpac only offering 4.79%

Comment

• Ask for their best rate and chat with another bank. You should be able to get half a % off and a "loyalty" payment. BNZ advertising 4.39%, do you want an intro to their property team? Might be why I get a good deal, they have a bit of discretion it seems.
                          Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

• Last month floating rate went down and last whole year fixed interest rate went down. Its seems the floating rate may fall little bit more if I am not wrong but its just a prediction

Comment

• Originally posted by Crookie View Post
                              what are people getting for a 6 month fix at the moment? Got nearly a mil coming off in a few days and westpac only offering 4.79%
                              Only couple weeks back I got 4.4% for 400k 6m fixed from Westpac ...could have got lower for 1-2yr is our own house maybe they don't offer as good for investment property etc

Comment

• Spoke to BNZ yesterday. Sounds like fixed rates are going up? :/
                                He also said customers will no longer get the -1% off their totalmoney floating rate. (existing customers using that discount stay in place)

Comment

Working...
                                X