No announcement yet.

Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about more RBNZ rules means fewer sales (fewer people will be qualified to buy more properties) (which means banks have more savings/deposits sitting in their banks and fight for fewer qualified customers and lower interest rates further?)

Comment

• Plus some griping and/
      or unemployed REAs.
      Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by ATM View Post
        How about more RBNZ rules means fewer sales (fewer people will be qualified to buy more properties)
        Instead of "people", it's likely to be "investors"
        So more loans available to owner occupiers and high income / debt ratio investors, for whom the new rules won't affect future borrowing.

Comment

• Originally posted by donthatetheplayer View Post
          . If they grandfather it quite a few people will lose their shirts.
          In some circumstances investors may be able to transfer some rental debt onto their PPOR mortgage.
          Thereby getting them below any investors limit.

Good for the rentals cashflow as well.
          Last edited by speights boy; 17-02-2015, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• if they do

i hope they carry this most excellent idea through to food too

if you are obese and buying fattening food - full calorie beer

it'll cost you 20% more
            Last edited by eri; 17-02-2015, 08:03 PM.
            have you defeated them?
            your demons

Comment

• I actually don't think it necessarily will be more expensive.
              Simply placed on a higher shelf...out of reach of some little mitts.

But yes, there are bound to be some squeals and tantrums if the sugar fix of easy credit is removed.
              Last edited by speights boy; 17-02-2015, 08:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
                if they do

i hope they carry this most excellent idea through to food too

if you are obese and buying fattening food - full calorie beer

it'll cost you 20% more
                What is fattening food?

Comment

• Whatever the pollies and their bureaucratic
                  sycophants decide is not good for you - silly.
                  Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• for 30 years

we've told to avoid butter - fats

now we're told they aren't the enemy

it's sugar and carbs

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/technol...xperts-5135591

likewise

the only solution to a shortage of cheap housing

is building cheap housing

councils take note

and build more motorways too

nz has almost the least per capita of the oecd

councils should build enough to keep the city,s arteries flowing

UNTIL

they have viable public transport alternatives

ie more housing in pukekohe and albany

needs another lane on the southern motorway

and a tunnel or park,n,ride buses

doing nothing

won,t fix anything
                    have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
                      the only solution to a shortage of cheap housing
                      is building cheap housing
                      AND, then ensure owner occupiers are at the front of the queue to buy them.
                      Not forced out by equity rich investors with access to too much easy credit.
                      Hence the possible new RBNZ initiatives.
                      Last edited by speights boy; 17-02-2015, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• Looking for some advice - I am in the market to buy a property and have pre-approval from ANZ. I recently saw the great rates HSBC Premier are offering for 1-5 year terms and wonder if anyone is a customer and can give me some feedback. I have set up an appointment to get pre-approval from HSBC too but I wonder if ANZ would be likely to match rates being offered there? Also not sure about fees etc. if I would be better off with HSBC or just stay with ANZ...

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                          AND, then ensure owner occupiers are at the front of the queue to buy them.
                          Not forced out by equity rich investors with access to too much easy credit.
                          Hence the possible new RBNZ initiatives.
                          The problem with this is it then creates a lot of places to game the system. If the government seriously wanted to favor owner occupiers over investors, they could do this with one simple change and that is removal of the tax deduct-ability of mortgage interest on investment houses.

Comment

• Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                            If the government seriously wanted to favor owner occupiers over investors, they could do this with one simple change and that is removal of the tax deduct-ability of mortgage interest on investment houses.
                            Ring fencing losses would be one thing - complete removal of deductability would be a step too far. They would probably have to do the same with commercial and that just won't happen.

Comment

• I'm not making any judgement as to it being a workable policy, they tried it in Ireland and it resulted in a complete drying up of the rental market. It's just that having two tiers of finance will create it's own issues that may be as bad. The obvious one being it gives those who can finance from offshore at very low rates an even greater advantage

Comment

• Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                                The problem with this is it then creates a lot of places to game the system. If the government seriously wanted to favor owner occupiers over investors, they could do this with one simple change and that is removal of the tax deduct-ability of mortgage interest on investment houses.
                                They could, but more probably simply "indexation".
                                However as I said yesterday
                                For purely political reasons the Govt has abdicated to the RBNZ.
                                So the RBNZ is left to try the best it can with the limited powers it has.
                                Last edited by speights boy; 18-02-2015, 08:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X