Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
    I don't get that
    When I read the word "statutory", just made me feel as if ASB think they are entitled (legally they are too) to every penny they have made, and very proud of it.

Comment

• My broker told me ANZ has just offered special rates today, so I will see what short term rates I can get.

Comment

• Workmate was talking to his neighbour who is ANZ and he said expect rate war and that ANZ are pricing not to be beaten - unsure if I believe but they have prob lost a bit of business lately due to their previous stances.

Comment

• have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by Maccachic View Post
            When will the banks focus on retaining clients and offering incentives to stay with them long term
            The cash incentive now comes with a retention clause. I.e. you get the cash but have to agree to staying with the bank for 2 years.
            “Our favorite holding period is forever.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Maccachic View Post
              When will the banks focus on retaining clients and offering incentives to stay with them long term
              TSB just did....10 years in fact.
              Others will follow with a 10 yr product.
              But BNZ's 7 year product hasn't been popular.
              It appears kiwi like the churn...perhaps they enjoy the power trips of continual negotiations...."X is giving this, Y that, what are you offering"
              Last edited by speights boy; 11-02-2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• I keep going to the same fishing shop because I know they will give me the best price and match any offer I see elsewhere no questions asked (or referrals to their finance department!). I wish my bank would do the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by donthatetheplayer View Post
                  I keep going to the same fishing shop because I know they will give me the best price and match any offer I see elsewhere no questions asked (or referrals to their finance department!). I wish my bank would do the same.
                  The problem with the bold bit is you have to still look around.
                  Like Bunnings and Mitre10 15% price match - you have to know it's cheaper (even by 1c) at the other place.

Comment

I wish my bank would do the same.
                    Some banks maintain branches and tellers, often in locations other banks would have or already have closed down.
                    Many smaller communities depend on these.
                    Someone has to pay for services such as that.
                    Last edited by speights boy; 11-02-2015, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                      The problem with the bold bit is you have to still look around.
                      Like Bunnings and Mitre10 15% price match - you have to know it's cheaper (even by 1c) at the other place.
                      The thing with this tho is surely it gives them an incentive to keep there prices competitive (or maybe they rely on me thinking that) I did email Noel Leemings the other day after getting home and finding a catalogue for the same product $40 cheaper and they refunded me the difference.

Comment

because I know they will give me the best price and match any offer I see elsewhere no questions asked
                        You don't, however, necessarily see the other offers.
                        They are often negotiated individually with the customer.
                        That customer may well have a different relative importance to the banks' retention staff than you .

Comment

• Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                          You don't, however, necessarily see the other offers.
                          Of course I do. You good people are posting them on PT for me

But yes, I agree more desirable customers will get better offers.

Comment

Of course I do. You good people are posting them on PT for me
                            That reminds me.
                            There used to be a chap on a share forum....Sparky the clown.
                            He was very knowledgeable and posted in depth analysis of company results....bless 'im.

He used to say....don't invest based on what I post here.
                            How are you going to explain to the missus you lost your money following the advise of an anonymous clown on the internet.
                            Both funny....and true,

Comment

• refixed with anz, they offered me 5.2%@6 months and 5.25%@1 year

Comment

• Originally posted by Gary Lin View Post
                                refixed with anz, they offered me 5.2%@6 months and 5.25%@1 year
                                any cash ?

Comment

Working...
                                X