Interest Rates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigDreamer View Post
    I am one of those who fixed for 5 years at 6.4% (which was an incredibly great rate around August last year) for one of my properties. I don't really regret it as long as you don't fix all your properties at the same time. My theory is with every property purchase I make sure I fix at the best rate at the time.
    Well you have had security - still a great rate.

Deflation will no doubt effect most areas.

As for Christchurch the demand from all these chinese buyers might see us cantabs through.

Comment

• Deflation will be doomsday for most Auckland investors

Comment

• Many confuse disinflation with deflation.

Comment

• Good point, Disinflation can lead to deflation though.

Comment

• Stagflation is more likely. And non recourse lending is part of the American fantasy it will never happen here thank God.

Comment

• I think it's a very brave man indeed betting on stagflation in the current environment. Borrowing to the eyeballs and locking in finance for the longest term possible would result in massive profits if stagflation did hit, assuming you could survive the year or two before the debt load started to drop significantly in real terms.

Comment

• I am not betting on it I just think it's likely don't you? Once the USA unwinds it is quite likely I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damap View Post
                  I am not betting on it I just think it's likely don't you? Once the USA unwinds it is quite likely I think.
                  No I don't. China will unwind before the US, just how much of a mess that will be is anyones guess. I'm not always a fan of Zerohedge at all, but this article isn't too far from the truth....

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-0...global-economy

Comment

• Well time will tell. USA is a ticking time bomb.
                    http://kingworldnews.com/billionaire...dictions-2015/

Comment

• Good article at zerohedge. The thing with China though is they will take the pain and recover. They had hyper inflation in the 40's they won't be so afraid of it again. And because they are communist they will just take a 100 year view to recovery. The USA though has neither the brains nor the will to fix it properly.

Comment

• Originally posted by elguapo View Post
                        I'm not always a fan of Zerohedge at all, but this article isn't too far from the truth....
                        All done with smoke and mirrors, eh? You're right, it is sobering reading.
                        Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Damap View Post
                          Good article at zerohedge. The thing with China though is they will take the pain and recover. They had hyper inflation in the 40's they won't be so afraid of it again. And because they are communist they will just take a 100 year view to recovery.
                          Disagree completely. The only thing keeping China together is the rapidly growing prosperity, if that stalls or falls back, watch out.

Comment

• We'll see. They were OK before it started they will survive better than the USA I reckon.

Comment

• Will the commie top echelon survive any syndrome like:
                              How you going keep 'em
                              Down on the farm
                              After they seen Paris?

Once people get a taste of prosperity (aka lack of hunger)
                              it could be quite a trick to impose hardship once again.
                              Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Comment

• and this is a problem in nz too

if beneficiaries in ak

have a better quality of life

than farm workers in tirau

we'll end up with too many of 1

and too few the other
                                have you defeated them?
                                your demons

Comment

Working...
                                X